3" lift = AC goes to windshield??

AdamsGuitar

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Eddie Bauer
Alright, this problem has me perplexed beyond all recognition. After installing a 3" Performance Accessories body lift on my '95 X, all of the air conditioning now blows on the windshield. The AC display shows Auto or Max A/C, but it doesn't come out of the vents, despite anything I might try. What gives??

Also, I have a couple of BL related questions:

1) I bought a Warn Trans4mer winch mount (and winch). Are there brackets (or a workaround) so that it will be properly placed now that the body is 3" higher?

2) What EXACT bumper brackets for the front and rear bumpers do I need? None of them in this box fit.

3) Is there a guide to fender/tupperware trimming, or am I on my own? The 33's I bought are rubbing a little bit on the bottom side skirts on my Eddie Bauer, so i need to do a little trimming.

Bump...anyone?

2. You need the brackets from the 883 kit. Or custom make your own.

1. More custom fabrication needed, probably.

Don't know with the AC. Trimming.... just take off small portions at a time I guess. I don't have plastic down there, but I did trim metal. :cool:

Thanks, section.

I did a little more research, and it seems to be a loose vacuum hose. I didn't immediately think of this because the engine doesn't feel like it has a vacuum hose loose, but I suppose it could be leaking just enough to not operate the A/C system.

Does anyone have a diagram of the vacuum hoses involved with the A/C system?

Back