33's on a lifted 95 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

33's on a lifted 95

Hey guy's, I am in the process of lifting my 95 Ex and I really want to be able to fit the BFG 33x10.50X15 tire on my stock wheel (15X7). I Made shackles for the rear leafs and plan on doing a twist on the front bars. After that I will add a body lift to get the desired heigth to fit 33's. My question is, will a 2in body lift be enough? I am not a fan of fender trimming but I also am worried that a 3in body lift will be to much as far as streching linkages and hoses goes. Any sugestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 32x11.5's with just shackles and TT. Trimmed about a 1/4" off bottom corner of my front bumper. I'm putting the 2 In body lift on in the spring just to get some more room. You shouldnt have a problem with just the 2in.

cool, thanks man. i am going to go with the 2 inch then. Do you know if i go with the 2 inch if the bumper brackets match up? I have heard that on the 3 inch kit that the bumper brackets do not work and some custom fab is needed. Is this the same with the 2 inch?

The 2 inch kit was only made for a first gen so it wont really help on yours, but I dont have mine on yet so i cant say for sure what needs to be done to the brackets to make them work. You can always let the bumpers stay where they are until you get something fabbed up.

Most will tell you that each Explorer is unique in the clearance dept. From experience with fitting 33"x12.5" on my 95 EX, Trimming was required with a 3" BL & a TT.

As far as the BL kits go, it really don't matter which kit you get. The kits are for Rangers, and all need some sort of changing around.

1" & 2" kits come with the pucks, bolts, and some drop brackets.

3" kits come with the pucks, bolts, drop brackets, steering extension, and different sets of bumper lift brackets.

All will have leftover parts (bolts, pucks), and the bumper brackets will either work in the rear, and not the front, or will work in the front & not the rear, or will not work for either. Depends on which kit you get.

Do a search on the bumper brackets. There are accurate detailed diagrams on how to make them for your rig. There is also a sticky by shadowraven on the subject with plenty of pics, and information.

Take your time, do it safely, and enjoy the outcome.

Ok cool, thank you for all of the info. I am going to go with the 2 inch along with the shackles and TT. I do all highway driving and i am confident the 32's would be better than the BFG 33's. Does anyone know which kit works best for the 95. I have heard some things about the steering extension not working with the 2 inch kit. is this true?

Back