3in Torsion bar Lift kit Ford Explorer keys 1998-2001 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3in Torsion bar Lift kit Ford Explorer keys 1998-2001

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have 4wd 3" of torsion lift will kill your CV joints.

You don't really need those keys, most of the time, the factory keys and bolts can exceed the recommended max lift of 2". All you need is a 1/2" drive breaker bar or ratchet, 13mm socket and crank away. 2" is the maximum for most Explorers to keep the CV's at a reasonable angle, higher angles wear the CVs at an alarming rate. Read this for all the info needed to TT

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47345

My suggestion: Get the 31's you mentioned in the other thread, crank the bars to clear the tires, get or build some warrior shackles, then get an alignment.

Does any one have experience with these? Do they work well, or are they not as simple as they seem? Thank you much for your help. They are located here;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-in...007QQitemZ170180076736QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

hey 1badcj8 i actually bought the complete kit like that with the keys and the add-a-leaf and it was quite simple to install and made a good difference in height. I say go for it bud my tortion bars still aint cranked to their full potential and my leafs are still sagged from before butr after i get them re-arched and twist the bars a bit more i will be sitting pretty good.......:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a bunch for the info guys, very much appreciated. This is the exact info I was looking for. I'm really not looking to lift it to wheel it, just want a tougher looking stance to fit larger tires with some good traction.

Dan

It seems after reading the posts in that link that its very possible to fit 32's with the TT and Shackle lift.

Has any one gone that route? If so that is where I'll go as well.

BTW I will fab my own Shackles and I'll post a pick of them before I install them.

I ran 265/75 16's with a TT and shackle, but I had to crank the bars nearly all the way and trim my front bumper and running boards.

There are some dimensions and specs for warrior shackles on here somewhere, not sure where though.

P100 thats awesome. Easily made, I'll post some pic's here after I make them.

What happened to the shackle diagram? It went away??? :(

Those shackles will give you 1.5" of lift, using the '1" of lift for every 2" of extra shackle length' rule. I'm planning on making some 11.5" long shackles with the holes spaced 9.5" center to center, which should net 2" of lift. Either that, or get a set of AAL's and some warrior shackles.

I just cut mine and drilled the pilot holes... They sure do look Loooong sitting on the bench. :eek:

Out of curiosity, yep before pulling them :p:, whats the diamiter? I'm guessing its a metric but what... about a half inch?

I was going to make a set using that diagram but different measurements for the holes but i decided to just have my springs redone instead. After i had my front springs in i was going to build the rear shackles with a full load in the Explorer so it sat level with my tools and stereo. My local spring shop is cutting me a deal since i will need an alignment from them anyways. They're going to make me a leaf pack with the same spring rate but arch them so they even the truck front to rear.

Back