3rd Gen LED Light conversion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd Gen LED Light conversion

I am trying to convert all the lights except headlights and fogs to LED. I have done the reverse, fender turn signals, interior, puddle lights, and marker lights on the bumpers. I went to do the brake lights tonight and the LED is either on or off. The top light in the brake lights is just a marker light and does not flash or get brighter. The bottom light is the turn signal and brake light. I can get it to flash (hyperflash since I don't have the flasher relay for LED's), or be a brake light or both, but when I turn the headlights on there is no difference between the dim mode or full brightness. Is there something that I need to get extra to make them work?

Bump

I am trying to convert all the lights except headlights and fogs to LED. I have done the reverse, fender turn signals, interior, puddle lights, and marker lights on the bumpers. I went to do the brake lights tonight and the LED is either on or off. The top light in the brake lights is just a marker light and does not flash or get brighter. The bottom light is the turn signal and brake light. I can get it to flash (hyperflash since I don't have the flasher relay for LED's), or be a brake light or both, but when I turn the headlights on there is no difference between the dim mode or full brightness. Is there something that I need to get extra to make them work?

You need a dual led. The one you bought is an on or off, not a 3 setting. On, On Brighter (2 sets of LEDs on), and off.

I did the same thing however I bought the lenses, etc with resistors.

Back