3rd gen pic's | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

millertime why do you only have the truxxx lift in the front?

purely aesthetics. and i'm gonna run this prerunner stance til i buy some new,larger rubber.

MillerTime have you still been tracking your gas mileage? I really like the looks of your rig. :thumbsup:

its still about the same. im getting ready to do the underdrive pulley and efan once it gets a little nicer outside. just in time to throw some 285/75/16's on it:D and i have a buddy who is gonna help me with gearing once we figure out which ones i need. pretty sure its a dana 30 reverse

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Miller

considering your still on the 265's and 5.5'' up front... your X still looks fairly level from the pics, and IMO the tires still look good :thumbsup:

a buddy of mine that is currently shopping for something similar to my new X is in love with yours lol. he wanted me to let you know lol

jager where in cali u at i am in southern cali in newport beach

Here is a pic from some fun this weekend after the huge nor'easter we had in Jersey

IMG_3968.jpg

dude that is a badass pic!

here is my 03 eddie bauer
plan on getting a body lift and some bf goodrich mud terrain some time soon

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

My 02 Explorer XLT… nothing too special about it & the pictures aren’t all that great either…

Things I’ve done to the exterior:

* Installed a set of OEM 17” chrome rims (originals pretty chipped & oxidized)
* Installed a set of Cooper Discoverer ATR 265-70’s (they replaced a set of 245’s)
* Removed OEM step-bars (starting to rust & never used them anyways)
* Removed OEM roof-rack (never use it & was curious about the look)
* Covered the cracked lift gate with a color matching plastic panel I made
* Added a bug-guard
* Added vent-shades

Things I’ve done that don’t show:

* K&N cold air kit
* Flowmaster 40 series
* Removed all 3 CATs (main one was shot anyways)
* Brown Wire Mod (BWM)
* Alpine head unit (have an iPod to plug in)
* Rockford Fosgate amp
* Memphis 12” sub (1 in a custom box… running OEM door speakers with most of their bass turned off)

And here she is:

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

OLD4.jpg

no lift or anything? with the 265's did you have any rubbing at all? i want to get those same tires but dont wanna have to do any cutting, also how are they riding for ya?

Til The X Is Lifted...

05 XLS 4.0L and Barstool Racer
barstool024.jpg

barstool026.jpg

barstool028.jpg

nice looking rides guys!! How does she ride with the 22's? And the gf drop?

Figured I would update some pics of my ride, but showing what I actually do with it:D If you can't guess from the pictures, I am currently building a 6' fence in my backyard to keep my boxer in and hide the neighbors. First picture is the post hole digger I rented(easy to use and worth the $100 for 4 hrs!!!) Second picture is from Lowe's when I loaded 21 80lbs bags of concrete in the back(Yes, 1680lbs of concrete in the back!!! Notice the rear is sitting low;)) and the third is about 200 6' pickets in the back that I unloaded about 20 minutes ago. Excuse the quality, it's from my phone and night pictures suck.

0424001123.jpg

0423002058.jpg

0427002232a.jpg

lol looks like your front wheels are about to come into the air! POP A WHEELIE!!!!

redfire87 your x looks good. i like the rims. Are those the Cragar soft 8s.

correct those are cragar soft 8

nice looking ride!

Eh, I figure I would add a few new pics. Just got done detailing it and put the yak up on top.

IMG_4965.JPG

IMG_4966.JPG

IMG_4967.JPG

IMG_4969.JPG

IMG_4972.JPG

IMG_4974.JPG

sorry i took so long guys,yes they are cragar soft 8s and 265 75r16 goodyear wrangler authority tires.its not lifted but i do plan to buy the truxx kit this summer.they rubbed on the splash guard but a little trimming took care of that.

NEONBEATS...

just my thought...

if you painted your grilles black they would make the front end look pretty good !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back