4.0 ohv sc? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 ohv sc?

Has anyone here ACTUALLY done a supercharger on a 4.0L OHV engine? Reason I ask, is cuz its looking less and less likely for a 4.0 to 5.0 swap in my '91. I want lots of power in my explorer, but still want to keep it a manual transmission. I hate automatics. How hard would it be to do the SC on this motor, and since this motor has 198K miles on it, I would be rebuilding it once it goes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

*snif*.. no love for a 700r4 with the AA adapter kit? You can get them built to handle quite a bit of power.

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So in other words, the engine can take it, the trannies can't lol. Ok.

MaximumViolence, did you use a supercharger on your X? If so, what did you use? I'm being told by several people that they don't make SC's for the OHV's.

It was a Vortech V-2 SQ trim...nice setup and I had not even started tapping the full potential of it. Yeah he got a good price. 4.0 performance parts are a pretty limited market so it's kind of hard to sell that stuff, even superchargers...I should know :)

I've still got 4.0 stuff laying around that I'm trying to sell.

It was a Vortech V-2 SQ trim...nice setup and I had not even started tapping the full potential of it. Yeah he got a good price. 4.0 performance parts are a pretty limited market so it's kind of hard to sell that stuff, even superchargers...I should know :)

I've still got 4.0 stuff laying around that I'm trying to sell.

Like what kind of 'stuff' are you talking about????

Back