• Register Today It's free!

4.0 ohv

nvrhapy

Reaction score
City, State
detroit, michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
i have this engine with a 5 speed manual in my 2wd 96 sport , what mods are you guys running with your 4.0 ohv and getting noticable gains, right now i eliminted the air box and for the exhuast have stock manifolds no cats running to a single dynomax super flo 40. i also have a jets chip which i installed years ago and just left it in there don't even think it makes a differnce. i'm running 33's with a 4.56 gear and locker and looking for more power, especially low end. it just doesn't seem to be there i have to rev the engine a little bit to get a strong launch like when pulling a trailer going up hill or just climbing over a curb.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jet chips are garbage... try a chip from doug904 his is good stuff... no cats is a bad thing, that will hurt not only yout ruck being too free flow, but it should have thrown a cel as i think there are after cat senors being an obd2 vehicle... you will also lose backpressure and the engine needs some..... replcae the cat and you will find more stump pulling low end power

yea i was going to be installing a cat tomorrow to increase back pressure hopefully it will make a noticable difference in power. also who or what is doug 904

Back