4.0 Stroker Kit | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 Stroker Kit

Hey guys whats going on i was looking on this site called Morano V6 Racing i think thats what the web address is called also. Well they specialize in Ford V6 performance mostly the mustang 3800 but also the 3000 Vulcan and even the 4.0L. Ok i was wondering since no one makes a charger for the SOHC would a stroker kit that costs like 3,700 be a good idea for performance or would it even work on my SOHC. The site says the kits work on engines from 80 i think to 2003 so i think it should work. SO please any input would be welcome. Thanks guys and gals.

i need a book. anyone know any good textbooks explaining how PCMs work, how it uses information from sensors and how it outputs timing and fuel?

what about a book on basic engine equations. how can i calculate what values i need. how do i calculate something like spark timing or fuel curves? i see lots of books in the barnes and noble but they all are old and focus on distributed and carbed engines. even the slightly newer EFI books still use a distributor.

I am not sure about books for the EEC-IV and EEC-V systems, but if you want a basic engine building tech that applies to the cologne 60 degree V6 family of engines (2.6, 2.8, 2.9L and OHV 4.0L) Check out Sven Pruett's (Vanir Tech) book titled "How To Build And Modify Ford 60 Degree V6 Engine's"
The information is a little dated but it has some really valuable information about what works and doesnt work when trying to do a performance rebuild on these suckers.......

that book sounds about right, thanks!

I think the site is trying to say a 3.8 stroked to 4.0. Not a stroker for a 4.0 stroker

Back