• Register Today It's free!

4.6l performance

sledneck9

Reaction score
City, State
Duluth, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mountaineer
Just put on a k&n FIPK kit and flowmaster 50 muffler. Has anyone tried the JET performance module or BBK throttle body? its a 4.6l. what else do they make for more power.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Trick flow and others make an upper intake plenum, professional products typhoon intake manifold, several shops do ported heads (fox lake, patriot, livernois, etc...), camshafts by crane-crower-comp-etc..., jba does short tube headers, Allen engine development makes a blower kit. Lots of stuff carries over as ithe explorer 4.6L is nearly identical to the 99-2004 mustang 4.6L with the big difference being the aluminum block in the explorer.

How does the 50 series sound on the v8? I have the JBA catback on mine, but I was thinking of getting something a little louder and deeper. Wasn't sure if I should get the 50 or 40 series for my v8.

its deep and low, not to loud, if you want to go loud go w/ a 40 or 30 series or a magnaflow.

Notice much improvements with the MPG or throttle response?

Your off to a good start. Now get some headers. Open up all your exhaust first. An SCT tune would do you nice. How far do you want to go?

sledneck, do u know what the inlet/outlet size is for ur flowmaster 50-series muffler, 2.25" or 2.5"? thnx

sledneck, do u know what the inlet/outlet size is for ur flowmaster 50-series muffler, 2.25" or 2.5"? thnx

i think its a offset 2.25 inlet and center outlet 2.25

Just put on a k&n FIPK kit and flowmaster 50 muffler. Has anyone tried the JET performance module or BBK throttle body? its a 4.6l. what else do they make for more power.

I have custom tuned many applications like yours. If interested I split shipping for members of this board. I have a underdrive pulley set and ExCal2 custom tuning for your application. Currently have a local customer who really likes it.

I have custom tuned many applications like yours. If interested I split shipping for members of this board. I have a underdrive pulley set and ExCal2 custom tuning for your application. Currently have a local customer who really likes it.

let me know what kind of gains can be achieved from your setup and a cost. thanks. HP? Gas Mileage? Reliability? Octane Gas?

DO NOT waste your money on that piece of **** JET performance modual...i bought one used thank god for only $100 and i cant even tell its on there...after reading reviews everybody says the same thing about it...

DO NOT waste your money on that piece of **** JET performance modual...i bought one used thank god for only $100 and i cant even tell its on there...after reading reviews everybody says the same thing about it...

Well stated.

Jet= generic programming junk.

let me know what kind of gains can be achieved from your setup and a cost. thanks. HP? Gas Mileage? Reliability? Octane Gas?
Gains are generally in 7-10hp range, you can be tuned for any octane you choose. Reliability will be the same as the stock tuning. -James

Gains are generally in 7-10hp range, you can be tuned for any octane you choose. Reliability will be the same as the stock tuning. -James

How much do you want for the xcal2? any experience with a BBK throttle body?
thanks

How much do you want for the xcal2? any experience with a BBK throttle body?
thanks

I get $389.00 for the ExCal2. I carry MAC throttle bodies because they seem to be better quality. I would recommend a MAC CAI before the throttle body. I can supply you with a C&L upper intake, C&L is an excellent quality product.

Back