22 Explorer Replacement Body Parts…wife hit a parked car | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22 Explorer Replacement Body Parts…wife hit a parked car

Boden1

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio , TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer XLT
Welp, unfortunately my wife hit a parked car in our 22 explorer. Damage isn’t too bad. I need to replace the passenger side rear door plastic trim(not sure the actual name of part). Does anyone have suggestions on a website to use to order body parts?

8EB6A580-10AD-4589-8AEB-23BA776CBE2A.jpeg
978961A0-14F8-4447-924E-0E313D10BA39.jpeg
0390301D-9C2F-4318-BA3B-5A413C4EC751.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

She must have hit that car pretty hard!

I would suggest contacting your local dealer and get the part number then Google it to find some good sources. Being that it is a newer model, many places don't have parts in stock. I had the wheel well trim on my 22 that needed replaced and it took about 3 weeks to get it due to all the supply issues.

Shoot that looks like a win to me. I don't see any body damage at all. I'd definitely just go to the ford dealer with the vin and order it so you get the right peice

Definitely a win….but don’t tell my wife.
The most expensive place to buy parts are from the dealer or the Ford parts website. Unfortunately, neither Levittown Ford nor AutoNation Ford have updated parts for the 2021 and 2022. The difference in the part for a 2020 Explorer is about $60.
I think that you are likely looking at $180 - $200 for the part from the dealer. Please report back. Thanks.

Peter

And yet I've had excellent luck ordering parts off the ford parts website from the local dealer and doing will call pickups at AutoNation Ford in White Bear Lake (near my work). In other words, if you have the luck of having a dealer that does chase online business, you can do just fine shopping on the ford parts website.

That being said, for a '22, your dealer is likely going to be of the most help. Just too new unfortunately...

I would take that part with you if you go to the dealer to order, there should be a PN on the piece to verify.

Back