4 inch lift and 33x12.50 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4 inch lift and 33x12.50

James Duff 2.5" drop brackets, with their 3.5" springs AND 1/2" spacers.

Rear is a Ome-36 rear spring with an f-150 leaf in it and war-153 shackles.

The 33x12.50's tires are Truxes MT's And those are actually 15x7" rims (3.75 BS)

2274347101_49552626b2_z.jpg

Coleman Side view by maniak_az, on Flickr

I had to cut the rear of the front fender as it was too close for my liking. I'm running a custom front bumper. The tires would rub on the Radius arms at full lock.

I still have the same "amount" of lift, but I now have extended Radius arms for more travel, to the point the top of the tire rubs on the top of the fender and airbox.

4312861860_5cbf692416_z.jpg

truckhaven-57 by maniak_az, on Flickr

The rears rub the inner fender guard at full stuff and the front fenders I did have to fold the fender lip some as the tires would grab them once in a while.

So, in short, its a tight fit, that may require a little trimming, or at least whacking the seam in the front fender.. It really depends on how much lift you get out of the 4" lift..

I almost forgot, we haven't run inner fender (the plastic part) up front since before the 33's so I don't know if they would ever hit that.

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heres my 93 4 inchs 33 bfg a/ts cheating a lil i have 1/2 in spacers infront but no trim and only rub on radius arms
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMTEtMjAxMTA0MjQtMTYyMC5qcGc.jpg

Nice!

Nice rides guys that is definitely the stance I'm lookin for! explorinsc is that 15x8 3.75 backspace? And do ya have any more pics From the back and front, trying to get a good idea of what im in for

I'll play....Except this is 6inch skyjacker but you can clearly see the fender clearance to know that 4" and 33's will work but may require a little trimming especially if you have an ex with fog light valance attached to the bumper.

0214111115.jpg

I'll play along too. Top photo is stock suspension with 31's.

IMG_0624-2.jpg

Same Explorer except with a 5" lift and 33's.

IMG_0702-2.jpg

And lastly, in use.

IMG_0901.jpg

yeh ill get some more up shortly and honestly idk abt the rims they were on in when i got it oh and my bottom trim is removed which kinda changed my look

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDAtMjAxMTA0MjMtMTE0NC5qcGc.jpg
front view

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjUtMjAxMTAzMzAtMTUxOS5qcGc.jpg
rear, sorta but with trim

Hmmm, I'm beginning to doubt the possibility of running run 33's with shackles/spacers and some trimming. If you 4 inch guys have mild trimming I feel like I'll have to cut out half a front fender.

just bust out the ole plasma cutter and go to town lol

Hmmm, I'm beginning to doubt the possibility of running run 33's with shackles/spacers and some trimming. If you 4 inch guys have mild trimming I feel like I'll have to cut out half a front fender.

It's different but I'm running 33's on my 2nd Gen with tt/shackle lift, only rubs at full lock and is on the plastic inner lining.

I'm running 33x12.5s on 15x8 cragars. 2" springs in the front, shackles in the rear. No rubbing in the front. Ever.

I think I've just been looking for an excuse to get fiberglass fenders...

trim/roll your fenders and never look back

downsized_0319011609.jpg

not shown in this photo but i did have to do some mild fender trimming.
4in pro comp lift with dunlop 33x12.50 mud grapplers

one thing that people are seeming to fail to remember is that most of your 33"s don't actually measure 33". Most of Intercos tires measure close to the printed diameter. some a little less some more. I have had off brand 33x12.50 all terrains on 15x7s that measured at about 31.5". that same tire in a 35" on a wider wheel would probably measure about 33". So when fitting these tires or claiming rubbing issues be sure to keep in mind, wheel width, and tire pressure, and actual measurement.

one thing that people are seeming to fail to remember is that most of your 33"s don't actually measure 33". Most of Intercos tires measure close to the printed diameter. some a little less some more. I have had off brand 33x12.50 all terrains on 15x7s that measured at about 31.5". that same tire in a 35" on a wider wheel would probably measure about 33". So when fitting these tires or claiming rubbing issues be sure to keep in mind, wheel width, and tire pressure, and actual measurement.

No one said we didn't remember. But no one brought it up, if they say they're getting a 33" tire then they're obviously going to be getting about the same size as what they see in the pictures....so we're not giving bad examples here....

thats true too(plus I probably worded that wrong), but the actual diameter is one thing worth bringing up. If some one wants to fit 33" boggers under their truck. the info coming from someone with 33" general grabbers may not be accurate to the person with the boggers.

thats true too(plus I probably worded that wrong), but the actual diameter is one thing worth bringing up. If some one wants to fit 33" boggers under their truck. the info coming from someone with 33" general grabbers may not be accurate to the person with the boggers.

That is true and should be kept in mind. 33" Super Swampers compared to 33" BFG M/T's is a small size difference as the SS is bigger.

Not to mention the aggressive lugs on Interco tires usually tear up fenders waaaay more than any other brand.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back