• Register Today It's free!

Lift Ideas

colin94

Reaction score
City, State
Cameron Park, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
All right. This is what Im thinkin about doin to my 94 explorer. I want to put the front sky jacker coil spring up front and the add-a-leaf in the back to get a 2 inch lift. I think ill put the warrior 153 shackles in the rear with the add-a-leaf so there isn't any sag. Once I get this 2 inch lift I want to install a 2 inch body lift. This will give me a 4 inch lift. With 4 inches ill put the BF Goodrich 32x11.50 Mud terrain tires. If anyone has a picture with this size lift or tires please send me them so i can get an idea of what its goin to look like.

Thank You

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can fit 33s with that lift. Here is my old '92 with 4" TrailMaster and 33 ATs

1600explorerlift33-med.jpg

here it is with glass up front:

1600colinexplorer.jpg

Cool name by the way... :thumbsup:

If you're getting the shackles too you might as well just put those in and forget the AAL. The shackles will give you the lift you need and AALs are a little stiff anyway.

thats what i am doing with mine , 2in. sl and 2in. bl ....

should look like this with 32's...

386817_12_full.jpg

this is a 3in. bl with 32's...

584737_17_full.jpg

off topic.. but what is the Least amount of lift you need to fit 35x12.50s?

Eddie,
Are your tires 33x12.5 and do they rub at all with the stock fenders up front. Your explorer has the look im looking for. I like how it sits. Thanks for the pictures.

colin94 said:
Eddie,
Are your tires 33x12.5 and do they rub at all with the stock fenders up front. Your explorer has the look im looking for. I like how it sits. Thanks for the pictures.
Eddie?

FROADER said:
Cool name by the way... :thumbsup:
My name is Colin too.

Anyway, yes they were 33x12.5 on 15x8 wheels with 3.75 backspacing. I didn't rub at all, but you can assure that you won't rub, by hammering back that pinch weld on the firewall.

The second set of pics are with the same lift and 35s.

I had fit 35's on 15x10 rims with a 3 inch body lift and glass fenders. I had to trim a little but it worked fine.

whats the biggest possible tire you can fit with a 3 inch bodylift and no finder trimming or glass fenders. also no rubbing at all.

Can somebody send me some more pictures of 3 inch body lifts and 32's.

can someone show mw some pics of an explorer with a 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires

codysxplorer said:
can someone show mw some pics of an explorer with a 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires
I just posted in your thread but it's the same picture as above...

Back