• Register Today It's free!

4"or 6" fiberglass fenders?

ckomai

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer
Anyone know the difference between getting 4" and 6" bulge fiberglass fenders? Besides just the look and personal preference. I will be running 33x10.5x15 bfg's on a prerunner.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About 2 inches.

The 4" are just an option if you want them to stick out less. Not everyone buys the rear fiberglass fenders, so a 4" is good for those who want fiberglass but don't want or need the width in front and matches better with the stock rear fenders.

The 6" is full coverage for 33-35's probably as wide as you can get without looking too silly.

With 33 x 10.50 you could run the 4" if you wanted fiberglass, since they fit ok, even with stock fenders and offset wheels.

The 4" will be fine for 10.5 tires, unless you're going 4 over/side.

Here is my first Explorer lifted 4" with 12.5 tires on 8" wheels with 3.75 backspacing.

1600colinexplorer.jpg

1600thaven_flare1.jpg

froader.. Where did you get your fenders? I want to order some so I don't have to trim the stock ones. I want to fit 33s with just a tt and shackles. It would be nice to order some but from where? With all the glass works problems it doesn't seem worth it.

froader.. Where did you get your fenders? I want to order some so I don't have to trim the stock ones. I want to fit 33s with just a tt and shackles. It would be nice to order some but from where? With all the glass works problems it doesn't seem worth it.
http://www.mcneilracinginc.com has what you want. The grey first gen on their site is the same on posted above. Check under the "off-road fiberglass" tab.

those look a little extreme. i don't plan on doing a solid axle swap or lifting it more than tt and shackles. Was looking for some just for the front that just have a bigger arch but don't stick way out. I like the tire showing on the sides. just need more clearance

That Raptor conversion they offer looks kinda crazy. Anybody seen that in person?

I went with the 4". They are perfect for 10.5. I think the 6" would have made the tires look weird. FYI Mcneil and fiberwerx are esentially the same company. Fiberwerx seems to be bigger and more used. I looked into the Raptor conversion and the problem is you need to convert the lights.The headlights are crazy, like a couple hundred each on ebay.

I will, and also I got my work done at Solo Motorsports in Covina. The fiberwerx fenders they had were for a ranger. They ordered from Henneman which is local. Henneman is a little more expensive but will save you crazy shipping costs or a drive down to inland S.D. So far they have been great to me.

Haniman fiberglass (probably spelled wrong), it's been 10 years since I ordered mine, makes them for Rangers and fit perfectly. I tried trimming and failed miserably. Just wish that I could get matching for the rear of my 4dr.

Back