• Register Today It's free!

4r44e reverse servo part question

brownz

Reaction score
City, State
ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 2.3 auto 2wd
The reverse servo piston is stuck any ideas how to remove to replace o rings. I have been having a problem with reverse after installing new valve body and went to change orings and cover is removed but cannot get the servo out . I dont want damage anything so if anybody have a similar situation please let me know?

Please see last post of this thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got it out by wiggling it back and forth while pulling it outward. There was bunch a dirty fluid behind it. Now the weird part was there suppose to be a spring because there was not.I am quite sure it didn't pop out because i was holding onto the piston.Is that right that there is no spring all replacements I saw had a spring.

reverse servo parts needed

while removing reverse servo on my sons ranger there was no gasket under the plate and there was no spring either. I did notice the shaft is spring loaded. What parts do I need for the 4r44e reverse servo? I understand the d-rings are better do i need a spring and the gasket that is in the picture as well? the bore has no gouges and the piston is smooth so I do not believe I need a sleeve. Lastly is there a supplier that you recommend for quick delivery or will overnight? I have to get this truck out of garage . Thanks

https://www.wittrans.com/Schematic.aspx?Transmission=A4LD/4R44E/4R55E/5R55E&Schematic=4

Back