4R70W just rebuilt..same symptoms!? :/ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4R70W just rebuilt..same symptoms!? :/

stone4779

Reaction score
2006 Ford E-350 SD XLT 5.4L with a 4R70W

I saw the rebuild diary here and I also had the manual to follow along with. I rebuilt the transmission with new steels and frictions. Replaced the seals that needed it. Although, I didnt replace the EPC or open up the valve body...

Tranny shifts into 2nd(its does go into 2nd initially) and immediately flares up (slips) like I am in neutral.
If I put it into manual 2 it will shift into 2nd.

The shifter goes P R N D 2 1 so I cant manually shift into 3rd.

BUT if I push the button to turn off OD, it shift fine 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

What gives?

I would really appreciate any help here.. :thumbsup:

oh and theres no engine braking in manual 2nd . but the pin is engaged into the anchor on the OD band for sure. weird.

How did you make out? If you did all that work and there is no change I am thinking VB.

How did you make out? If you did all that work and there is no change I am thinking VB.

Thanks for the reply :)

Yeah I've been thinking it has to be the VB since I didnt touch that part.. I just got the new VB gaskets today so I might mess with it a little but Im on vacation starting today and the vans at work so Ill just have to wait to find out if its the VB after vacation :/ oh well something to do when I get back to get back into the flow of work work work lol

Back