4x4 problems please help

Ddudley84

Dudley
Reaction score
City, State
Gardner ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 explorer xlt
I have a 02 xlt w 4.0 and 4 wheel drive. Ok so I have been having a bunch of problems with my truck to start a month ago my door switch killed my battery. when I got it started aghen the transmission would shift but it wouldn't move the truck. my 4x4 low light was on I held it and it engaged then it moved but it was clunkie from the four wheel drive not engaging right. Then next time I started it their was no four wheel drive lights on the dash and what seemed no power to the switch so I check all fuses I am good. I went under and looked some one replaced the solinde on the back of my transfer case they didn't wire it right so I soldered it and used heat shrink. Then I started the truck aghen and ther was power to the switch but it didn't seem right. I shut it off restarted it and now it seems there is no power to the four wheel drive aghen. So now I am not sure if it's that solinde some one replaced or the four wheel drive control module. Any ideas please I need help

So I have been doing home work it's the shift motor that was replaced w a used one and the wires that I soldered go to speed censures upper and lower. I wish I seen that video first I would of just replaced them. But I am still not sure I am going to borrow my buddy's four wheel drive module and see what that does

So I dove my truck yesterday and its stuck in four wheel low and won't disengage. I scanned my truck. no codes are conning up. So I think my transfer case shift motor is toast. Thank you for every ones time and help

Back