• Register Today It's free!

4x4 shops in Tucson?

-=DaemoN=-

Reaction score
City, State
The Netherlands
Year, Model & Trim Level
Rigless!
Anybody knows a 4x4 shop that will install a lift for a good price around here in Tucson? Desert Rat charges $400 if you buy the lift from them, which they charge almost double the price and I know for sure they would charge high on install if the lift wasn't from them.

Also, a reputable 4x4 fab shop. If none, I'm thinking of maybe calling FLY-N-HI instead. I'm not getting my lift till summer of '01 but I want to know how much I'd be spending(or need to save), kinda tight with the money right now. :) Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Daemon,
I have never really like Desert Rat but I have "had" to use them a few times. They aren't the cheapest but they do a decent job.

I used to use Dick Cepek when they were around.. Since they got bought by Mickey Thompson and the shop is now becomming a Desert Rat, I have no idea how that shop is going to be.

Big Boys (or something like that) will attempt to fab a lift but I've seen there work.. I would not go there as they didn't seem like they knew what they were doing.

Lee's 4 wheel drive is decent. I've used their shop twice. Last time it was replace RA bushings, 1 lift bracket I bent and tighten all the nuts/bolts on the lift. I got a decent price and he not only tightened the bolts but replaced anyone that didn't look perfect (I caught a few on the rocks).

there is a place on stone ave near downtown called something tire and wheel (I think stone near 6th). I haven't seen their work but the only vehicles I see in there shop are show type vehicles, never any vehicles that get dirty)..

Thats all of the ones I know of in town.. If you need any serious work done I'd bite the bullet and go to fly-n-hi (I've seen there work and had a little done there a few years ago and they seem to know there stuff and don't over charge).

BTW.. I used Precision Alignment and brake for my last alignment.. I won't ever go to them again unless I have a completly stock vehicle.. They have a 0 warranty for anything with a modified suspension.. and I watched them do the alignment.. They don't give you the before/after specs (even though I asked for them).. and all they will do is put it into specs.. they won't try to fix the problem (didn't even attempt to diagnose the pull to right that just started this year)..

Hope this info comes in handy.. If you have had any good/bad experiences with the shops in tucson let me know..

Mark - Vail/Tucson, AZ

Mark-My friend got his Bronco's lift done by DESERT RAT and I think they did a pretty good job. But it was just a basic lift and no fabs where done and everything cost so much.

Thanks for the info though. I'll check out the places you've mentioned, I've heard of Lee's before from a friend.

BTW. Do you work around Tucson area? Because I have never seen your truck around. I've seen a couple of lifted exlorers, at DISCOUNT TIRE(golflinks & kolb) and at BUDGET'S(ajo & something...) lot.

Daemon,
Yes, we work in Tucson (Downtown). You would know it if you saw us, (blue explorer with floresant green highlites). I've seen the lifted explorer at Golflinks/Kolb (I go to the Checker there). We don't drive in town much (other than the weeknds).. To get to work we drive 7 miles on a 2 lane road, 25 miles on the freeway then <2 miles to work.

Mark

DAMN! you live far.

Yes, I have seen your pics... can't miss your truck:). That guy at DISCOUNT TIRE have a 4" suspension lift and 32's. I got my tires from them that's how I know.

Back