4X4 Switch Question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4X4 Switch Question

Anyone know if part# 1L2Z 7E453 A Would replace it?

you need to give them your vin number of your vehicle when you purchase it(very important)It will probably be a different part number than whats on your current modual

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Dyaco.. found one on RockAuto that i believe will work at least the numbers match up like i saw in another thread.

Now...Anyone know the cheapest place??? Or can anyone get me a deal???

Now...Anyone know the cheapest place??? Or can anyone get me a deal???

I thought it was covered under the warranty? :dunno:

Be sure to provide you VIN so you get the correct module!!

There are a couple of vendors here that will carry the module and offer a discount:

www.rockauto.com Click here for the discount code!!

Tousley Ford. They offer dealer cost plus 10% for forum members. Click here for details!!

You could also try these:

www.silverstatefordparts.com or www.fordpartsgiant.com

Good luck and be sure to let us know how you make out.

Thanks Rondo! You've been a lifesaver!

I can never seem to find the actual part on most dealer sites...

Ok so i think i found it on RockAuto can someone verify to be sure? I posted the info off the current one in this thread and i think it's the second one down on rock that has like 4 listed under it....

Ok so i think i found it on RockAuto can someone verify to be sure? I posted the info off the current one in this thread and i think it's the second one down on rock that has like 4 listed under it....

Without the VIN you can't be sure you are getting the correct module. See if yo can ask a question on the Rock Auto site and provide your VIN.

Or: Tousley Ford is a vendor here and they offer dealer cost plus 10% for forum members.

You can post a question on the question and answer thread to ensure you get the correct module!!

Click here for question and answer thread!!

It was covered by the warranty Rondo. But since they wanted me to bring the truck to the mechanic twice at 100Deductible per visit...and the mech they want me to use is an hr away....So add like 50 in gas to that....or more..... figure i'd just get it myself since a dealer in Vegas can get it to me overnight for 213 which in the long run is still cheaper than using the warranty....Now it's just a matter of hopefullly getting the money around before the snow flies!

It was covered by the warranty Rondo. But since they wanted me to bring the truck to the mechanic twice at 100Deductible per visit...and the mech they want me to use is an hr away....So add like 50 in gas to that....or more..... figure i'd just get it myself since a dealer in Vegas can get it to me overnight for 213 which in the long run is still cheaper than using the warranty....Now it's just a matter of hopefullly getting the money around before the snow flies!

Hope everything works out for you!

Back