5.0 mountaineer vs loaded 5.0 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 mountaineer vs loaded 5.0 explorer

shampoop

Reaction score
besides the obvious AWD vs 4x4, what are the little differences that make one more desirable than the other? a good one i've found so far is that the mounties have glass headlights instead of that faded plastic garbage on explorers. are there any "luxuries" that one model has over another that just end up being very problematic?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I never seen a 97-2001 mountaineer with a driver information system system like the Eddie Bauer Explorer has

I never seen a 97-2001 mountaineer with a driver information system system like the Eddie Bauer Explorer has
well then you obviously havent seen a 2000 or 2001... cuz im pretty sure all 2000 and 2001's have them

Welcome to the forums.

they have different front ends... other than that id say brand loyalty

besides the obvious AWD vs 4x4, what are the little differences that make one more desirable than the other? a good one i've found so far is that the mounties have glass headlights instead of that faded plastic garbage on explorers. are there any "luxuries" that one model has over another that just end up being very problematic?

Glass headlights? All the Mounty Headlights that I've seen are clear plastic. It's like comparing the dodge neon to the plymoth neon....

well then you obviously havent seen a 2000 or 2001... cuz im pretty sure all 2000 and 2001's have them
I seen a pic of one on here last night after I made the last post. I have never really paid much attention to the mountaineers until now.

Glass headlights? All the Mounty Headlights that I've seen are clear plastic. It's like comparing the dodge neon to the plymoth neon....

Not exactly-
Mountaineers have faceted reflectors making them appear diamond cut, and, project better at night IMO

But the lenses are plastic.

Back