• Register Today It's free!

5.0L Mystery Vacuum Port

steddy

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Eddie Bauer
Good morning! I have a mystery vacuum port on a '97 5.0L Eddie Bauer that seems to lead nowhere. It's located under the intake on the driver's side, near the firewall. It had a 2 inch piece of rubber hose connected to it, but needless to say, that didn't lead anywhere either. Looking at the placard on the radiator support, I believe this is to a CCD (no idea what that stands for), but I'm just not certain. It does, however call for a 3/8 inch hose to be hooked up to it and looks to be a metallic elbow. There is also a vacuum cap at the air cleaner tube. I'm not completely certain if this vacuum lead goes to this area or not. Does anyone have an idea out there? Thanks.

Good morning! I have a mystery vacuum port on a '97 5.0L Eddie Bauer that seems to lead nowhere. It's located under the intake on the driver's side, near the firewall. It had a 2 inch piece of rubber hose connected to it, but needless to say, that didn't lead anywhere either. Looking at the placard on the radiator support, I believe this is to a CCD (no idea what that stands for), but I'm just not certain. It does, however call for a 3/8 inch hose to be hooked up to it and looks to be a metallic elbow. There is also a vacuum cap at the air cleaner tube. I'm not completely certain if this vacuum lead goes to this area or not. Does anyone have an idea out there? Thanks.

Pictures sure would help.
Put them on photobucket then link them here

Back