5R55W P0741 code

pupilot007

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
Ok, here goes...

All started with the flashing O/D light.

Took the truck (02 Explorer) to the dealership and they came back with the P0741 code - torque converter clutch slippage. Tech drove it and said the torque converter clutch isnt working and the trans slips going into 2nd and 3rd gears. I personally dont notice a difference in the way it shifts, but this is what the truck says is wrong with it.

I'm a fairly good at home mechanic, but have never tackeled a tranny before. Is this something better left to the pros, or something I can do myself. What parts would I need? Thanks.

Ok, here goes...

All started with the flashing O/D light.

Took the truck (02 Explorer) to the dealership and they came back with the P0741 code - torque converter clutch slippage. Tech drove it and said the torque converter clutch isnt working and the trans slips going into 2nd and 3rd gears. I personally dont notice a difference in the way it shifts, but this is what the truck says is wrong with it.

I'm a fairly good at home mechanic, but have never tackeled a tranny before. Is this something better left to the pros, or something I can do myself. What parts would I need? Thanks.

hii there, i know its been ages this thread but im wondering how did you go about this problem?
what did you find wrong and what did you to to fix the problem?
i hope i hear from you soon, thanks!!!

Back