5x115 wheels ? Do they fit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5x115 wheels ? Do they fit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ya I know Tom I’ve been reading a lot of yes and no on the internet some say with hub rings it will work, but idk if I wanna risk damge in the future. This dude got some velocity vw12s with tires for 450.

Ya I know Tom I’ve been reading a lot of yes and no on the internet some say with hub rings it will work, but idk if I wanna risk damge in the future. This dude got some velocity vw12s with tires for 450.
Personally I wouldn’t chance it. I know it’s hard to pass up a good deal tho

they somewhat fit and will deform:hammer: but if you were buying from a shop they probably wouldn't install them. If you're going to try it I would keep a torque wrench handy to see if any have come loose. At the end its your call, ones Ive seen coming loose had nothing to do with the bolt pattern being off by .35 MM but incorrectly installed spacers or weren't torqued to start (using just a small ratchet etc) or were not rechecked. The safe answer is NO:D

Why would someone even consider mounting rims that do not have the proper lug pattern?

The larger bolt circle will force your lugs to bend outward and or deform the conical seat in the rim, both increasing the chance of a failure.

If you don’t value your own personal safety, at least consider others around you if you should loose control of your vehicle at highway speeds because you saved a few bucks on the wrong rims.

Back