Will 2010 Explorer 17" wheels fit the 2011 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 2010 Explorer 17" wheels fit the 2011 Explorer?

nextreme

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Hey,

I'm looking at buying a winter/wheel package from someone that was from a 2010 Ford Explorer. The tires are 245/65/17 and the bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3.

Does anyone know if the hub and offset will fit?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure if the hub pattern is the same but you need to make sure the overall diameter of the wheel/tire combo is the same as it may screw up the computer if it's off.

Hey,

I'm looking at buying a winter/wheel package from someone that was from a 2010 Ford Explorer. The tires are 245/65/17 and the bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3.

Thanks

Offset should be fine, what's a few millimeters between friends. It's the center bore that is different. I'm 99% sure that the 2010 center bore is bigger than the 2011, so the wheel will fit. But this will make it lug centric and not hub centric. I bought 2010 17" Flex wheels, fit perfect.

Wikipedia wheel info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_sizing

Hey,

Thanks
I asked the parts manager this question back in March and he said he didn't know for sure but the part numbers for 2010 vs the 2011 are completely different.
I just had the Winter wheels/tires installed on my Limited yesterday. I went with the base model 17" steel wheel and a 245/65R17 BFGoodrich Winter Slalom KSI tire + TPMS. The OEM were the 20" wheels.

Winter tires

I have a similar question. I have a chance to buy a set of Michelin Ice on 2012 17 inch Flex rims, will these fit my 2016 Explorer? The bolt pattern is the same, and I believe the centre hub is smaller on the Explorer, does anyone have any experience with bolt centric operation, any problems?

Back