• Register Today It's free!

6 disc stereo problem

jacobl

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
I have a 2002 ford explorer xlt with the 6- disc in-dash cd player and it is getting really hot! It heats up the cd's to the point that it almost hurts to the touch. When i try to eject a cd, it gets stuck and i have to pull the cd out with tweezers or niddle-nose pliers. then it starts ejecting all of the cd's after the first one gets stuck, and all of them get jammed, and then cd player shuts down.

How do i fix this problem? If it can't be fixed what kind of aftermarket stereo installation kit and wiring harness do you recommend because i already have a aftermarket stereo that i can install. It is a ALPINE 9842. could i get a direct connection wiring harness for this stereo and vehicle?

Thanks for all your help!

I have the same problem. I think the heat is coming from the heater, defrost. hoses go all around the cd player. I only use burned discs in mine so if i wreck the disc getting it out i dont get too hot...

you sure you don't have a short somewhere? My 6cd became really hot when one of my speaker connections became loose and would constantly connect and disconnect.

Back