6 weeks in many issues 2020 limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6 weeks in many issues 2020 limited

rlowdon

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer limited
Hi, I had a flawless 2016 explorer 76k miles, not one thing went wrong. Wanted a new car, Explorer was on top of the list despite the price hikes. Delivered 6 weeks ago, and this is what I have so far:

2 x trip pieces falling off on the 2nd row seats
rattling suspension from different places
gearbox grinding and now complete failure
Faulty AC never blows really cold

Now at the dealer, who is telling me they cannot get any parts for the 2020 explorers as my issues are common to the ones being repaired after manufacture at a second factory.

Mysterious problems disrupt delivery of 2020 Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator | Boston.com

I am so disappointed, the car is great to drive looks good and my wife loved it. After it left her stranded at the side of the road I am looking to invoke the lemon law once 30 days are over, the dealer is telling me there is no way they will have it fixed in that time frame the gearbox is goosed and needs a complete replacement.

Another Explorer? I don't know, reliability is king, and Ford seem to have dropped the ball big time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am with you on this, and in a similar situation. Ours now in the shop going on three weeks for suspension rattles.....Just waiting out the timeframe and # of attempts, currently on the second ticket....we need three, so one more to go. Sooooooooo disappointed in this vehicle, what an absolute disgrace.

Now if you want to see some ford factories where they build with pride look no further then ford CHEP where they build the Duratec I-4 and PowerStroke 6.7 and Ford Hermosillo Assembly where the Fusion/MKZ is built thats REAL pride. notice how they wear uniforms not some off the street cloths like in Ford USA plants.

.........................Now at the dealer, who is telling me they cannot get any parts for the 2020 explorers as my issues are common to the ones being repaired after manufacture at a second factory.

Mysterious problems disrupt delivery of 2020 Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator | Boston.com

...............................Another Explorer? I don't know, reliability is king, and Ford seem to have dropped the ball big time.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You are correct in that many early productions were shipped to another Ford facility to have issues corrected. Explorer delays
Good luck.

Peter

I am with you on this, and in a similar situation. Ours now in the shop going on three weeks for suspension rattles.....Just waiting out the timeframe and # of attempts, currently on the second ticket....we need three, so one more to go. Sooooooooo disappointed in this vehicle, what an absolute disgrace.

Louisiana lemon law is not that simple. It has to have an adverse effect on the use or value of your vehicle (which a rattle doesnt) and you must go through 2 levels of arbitration.

Hi a wee update, now the dealer wants to sell me a new car, no surprise there but they are offering to take my car back with no cost to me! This seems a little too good to be true and I don't want another explorer until these production issues are fixed. This leads me to think that rather than going down the lemon law route I can get a nice F-150 and buy the wife something else.

I think I am OK with the lemon law, as the car is undrivable (failed transmission) now into week 2 and dealer confirmation that they cannot fix the car as there are no parts available.

I dont think it is too good to be true. On a new vehicle like that, that's just a good dealer trying to take care of the customer.

That is good to know, back in Scotland where I grew up such a long sighted attitude is non existent in car dealerships.

Take the new one and enjoy it, i love my ST

@rlowdon

What they're trying to avoid your Ex being forever branded on it's title as a LEMON.

Sounds like a good deal IF they will replace it with a F150 that is acceptable/equal value to you.

If you guys work out a deal for an F150, the title of the Explorer will be branded as a BUYBACK.

When they get the parts for it, they will "fix it" and then heavily market it as their low price leader on the used car lot.

They will make up the loss in value as USED/BUYBACK by selling it at high interest to a high risk customer that wants to be the first kid on their block...

Last edited:

Hi a wee update, now the dealer wants to sell me a new car, no surprise there but they are offering to take my car back with no cost to me! This seems a little too good to be true and I don't want another explorer until these production issues are fixed. This leads me to think that rather than going down the lemon law route I can get a nice F-150 and buy the wife something else.

I think I am OK with the lemon law, as the car is undrivable (failed transmission) now into week 2 and dealer confirmation that they cannot fix the car as there are no parts available.
What state is this dealer in and did you take a new vehicle or wait for yours to be fixed

Back