6th Gen Modified Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6th Gen Modified Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

peterk9

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3
Here is a place to post up pics of your modified Explorer or Aviator.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2020 Explorer ST with 325/35R22s

60282783012__41ABBFD7-955E-41A7-BE8C-3CCC9790CD44.JPG

60282785272__0AC47144-7A1C-4DC4-8CD7-E6D1D69299CB.JPG

Capture.PNG

IMG_7512.PNG

IMG_7513.PNG

IMG_7596.jpg

IMG_7597.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

IMG_7604.jpg

IMG_7605.jpg

IMG_7606.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7608.jpg

IMG_7609.jpg

IMG_7610.jpg

IMG_7611.jpg

IMG_7612.jpg

IMG_7613.jpg

IMG_7614.jpg

IMG_7615.jpg

Reference Calculators for the 2020 Explorer ST 325/35R22 install

OFFSET_factoryVSenergyfx.PNG

OFFSET_factoryVSwishd.PNG

SIZE_factoryVSenergyfx.PNG

SIZE_factoryVSwishd.PNG

Being that the new wheels are much wider, are you experiencing any road debris being thrown up against the front fenders, doors or lower rocker areas (that would chip or otherwise damage the paint)?
So far no, but it’s a legitimate concern. Thought about getting some rock flaps but so far haven’t found a y that I like.

Awesome look.

THAT is how tires are supposed to fill out the wheel openings. I hope Ford saw this.
The last thing I want is to have Ford change to 21" or 22" wheels without an option for 20". Personally, I'm not a fan. Reminds me of the old wagon train wheels I used to see in the westerns years ago.

Peter

The last thing I want is to have Ford change to 21" or 22" wheels without an option for 20". Personally, I'm not a fan. Reminds me of the old wagon train wheels I used to see in the westerns years ago.

Peter
Actually, I meant the look along the side when looking back-to-front. I agree with you on tires that are *too* low-profile.

IMHO, Ford took a step backwards by making the tires appear to be too far under/into the wheel openings (too much overhang). They also did that with the Escape. The 2019 Explorer's tires were more flush. [shrug]

2020STweb00.jpg

*Perfect*.
IMHO, *this* is how tires should fill out the wheel openings: the outer edges of the tires should line up vertically with the top edges of the wheel openings...even the base models. I wish I knew why Ford sunk the tires so far inside the wheel openings for the 2020+ models...

*Perfect*.
IMHO, *this* is how tires should fill out the wheel openings: the outer edges of the tires should line up vertically with the top edges of the wheel openings...even the base models. I wish I knew why Ford sunk the tires so far inside the wheel openings for the 2020+ models...

They are designed from the factory to provide enough room for snow chains.

They are designed from the factory to provide enough room for snow chains.
That never even occurred to me. :)

Peter

the rack looks good with the off-road tire and wheel set up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back