Black Magic

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Street
Well, after falling in love with the SVO 8.8 Girdle and it being kinda hard to find and expensive when found. Plus it does not come with the studs and have to pay for them too. I looked for alternatives and found even better looking ones.

I think I will be going with a Summit branded one. It comes complete with all the hardware and gasket. Plus I like the ribs better than the plan look of the svo one. In fact the only thing I like about the SVO one is the SVO. So I plan on getting the Summit part and milling off the Summit word in the back and milling in STREET.

Here are the choices...

Standard SVO Cover, arrond $200+:

fordracing2.jpg

or

Summit Cover, complete kit 139.95:

sme-8510100.jpg

Or the...

TrickFlow cover, complete kit 139.95

tfs-8510100.jpg

The only difference I can find in the Summit and TrickFlow kits is that the Summit kit comes with a Magnetic drain plug and the location of the fill plug.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got my TA cover from Randy's. It came complete and as I understand is virtually the same unit as the SVO, They matched Summit's price of $140.

1806.jpg

Those vertical ribs help with cooling of the fluid. But now that I think about it, with street driving you would never build up enough heat. Darn racing thoughts.... They sure do look cool though. :thumbsup:

I think I like the summit the best, but how are you going to keep that 'just new' look? Will you seal it with anything?

The main reason I went with the SVO girdle is because I found a website that tested them, and found that some of the knock-offs were made out of the wrong type of aluminum, or bad engineering, and so they flexed when under pressure, providing little improvement over the stock cover.
I also think I only payed ~$160 for mine.

$200? I only paid $150 for my SVO cover from Jegs.

I like the summit one the best. I already had my eyes on one for mine.

The SVO piece is actually made by TA. Both of which are usually the first choice in the Mustang community. I'll give it my vote since it's whats under my Cobra!

You can find the SVO cover for around $150-$175. Check Gene Evans Ford or Jegs as someone already mentioned.

The SVO cover comes with the gasket and cover bolts, but not the axle bearing studs which don't need to be replaced, but might as well be as long as things are appart.

Also check out the covers made by LPW.

Back