87 Bronco II build up begins. | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

87 Bronco II build up begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what you want are actually convertible mustang 5.0L mounts and motor plates, the 2wd and awd 5.0L explorer plates and mounts are designed for the IFS Gen II trucks

any certain year on these?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh yeah I think I have changed my mind on the trans. I may have a killer deal on a Freshly rebuilt NP 435 with a warranty and a Tcase adapter of my choice for FREE well kinda. Im trading 3, 5 speed transmissions and 2 tcases for it.

Well im going with the NP 435. I get to pick it up next week after its done being rebuilt. No money outa my pocket so thats fine with me.

Ive got my transfer case. Was talking with the shop that is building my Np 435 about what T-case to run and we decided on the Non devorced Ford NP 205. I traded some more parts for it and I got a Rebuilt Np 205 with warranty for only 150. Also picked up the shifter at a junkyard for 5 bucks. So i think drivetrain will be pretty stout when its alll done. Also im more then likely going to use the L&L motor mounts and headers.

if you get the L&L mounts weld them up so they are not held together with just a bolt anymore

I am not sure the L&L headers will clear your trans, better check with them first!

if you get the L&L mounts weld them up so they are not held together with just a bolt anymore

I am not sure the L&L headers will clear your trans, better check with them first!

Will due. Whats the point in wleding them. just wondering. never heard that. I'll make sure they clear the trans first.

the L&L mounts are pieces of metal stacked on top of one another and held together with a weak bolt, the bolt has been known to stretch and break, if you run a bead around the plates you wont have this problem

Most conversion headers (Advance Adapters) will not clear the full size transmissions, (Aod, C6 bellhousing) but the TM headers will without having to hack into your frame or "modify" :hammer: the new headers to fit

Ive seen someone use the Kaufmann Shorty headers and a Np 435 so i may look into those. I like the TM's that you have but they aint cheap. Any other companys that will allow a full size t-case with there headers. Wish i could find the website for Kaufmann.

just to give you an idea here is what the NP435 looks like. This pic if from broncoii4x4. he used the 435 and kaufman headers.

435l.jpg

302np435.jpg

kauffman has not been around for years I dont think

My experience is with the Duff long tube and shorty conversion headers (both made by Advance Adapters)
Lots of different 5.0L headers and manifolds have been used, it depends on where you set your engine, your steering column setup, and if you are willing to notch your frame or hack up a brand new header to make it fit.

They are expensive that is true, I bought a set for my Explorer, bot for the fit, finish and performance gains I see it as a worth area to spend some extra $$$

So kaufman is no longer in business? I'll have to start sending out emails. BTW Thanks for you help jamie.

I picked up the Rebuilt NP435 and rebuilt NP205 today. these things are heavy duty. Dont think i'll be worried about breaking these anytime soon.

Picture 044.jpg

This should be here soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back