89-92 ranger grill compatible with 94 ex?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

89-92 ranger grill compatible with 94 ex??

FordFam

Reaction score
City, State
Danville VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 xlt 4x4 black
I kinda like the squared blocky look of the grills used on the rangers. Anyone know if they are a direct fit onto 1st generation ex? If not could it be made to work or are the dimensions too far off? Love some input from anyone that has ideas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, it will work. I put an Explorer grill in the '91 Ranger I had, your just going the other way.

same thing with my brothers ranger, i put an ex grill in his to make it look better

thanks for the info. one other question

ive been looking at ranger grills on ebay. they have a place to screw on the emblem. they also seem to have two places in the upper corners of the grill with screw holes. whats that for? wish i had a ranger to check it out but i dont so thats why all the easy newb questions. Thanks for the patience and the good info.

those should be in the lower corners, and theyre used to fasten the grille to the truck. theres a plastic clip with a screw hole below that, and then 2 tabs with screwholes along the top

Back