• Register Today It's free!

91' engine wanted possibly

CrAzEd412

Reaction score
City, State
Berryville,VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer XLT 4.0L 4wd
Hello, im thinking about starting a project with my 91' explorer XLT v6. Auto trans rebuilt a few years ago. Has a rod thrown through the side of the block. Looking for an engine for it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello, im thinking about starting a project with my 91' explorer XLT v6. Auto trans rebuilt a few years ago. Has a rod thrown through the side of the block. Looking for an engine for it.

a 91' engine? that's a long engine... :rolleyes:

just messin' ;)

I've got a 93 engine with 112,622 miles on it. You are a ways away it looks like, how far are you from the I-40/I-81 split?

where i live its litterally 5-10 minutes from 81 depending on how fast we drive :D , and 2 minutes from WVA by backroads. im close to winchester and martinsburg WVA.

My spare 93 engine isn't a low mileage swap choice, but it would be a good place to start a rebuild. Let me know if you would come and get it for $200. The trans and transfer case are worth more but finding a buyer close isn't easy.

my dad still swears up and down we can get a crate motor for it from somewhere. Im trying to get one with low miles or possibly a rebuilt one.

They are solid engines and finding one to rebuild is no problem. The cost of a remanufactured engine should be on the lower side compared to other engines. It is a basic pushrod V6, nothing like the expense of the newer modular and/or OHC engines. Good luck,

Back