• Register Today It's free!

91 straight axle conversion

explrig91

Reaction score
City, State
pottsville, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 xlt
I was wondering if any one that did a straight axle conversion could tell wat they did n how they did n wat they used. i was thinkin of usin a dana 30 from a cherokee or a 44 from a older f-150. i have coil springs off an old f-150 that would give me a about 6inces of lift if i used them. so if u have any suggestions drop me a line gary.hummel@us.army.mil

You are on the right track, you have come to the right place, all you have to do now is search for solid axle conversion and you can read all you need..

Welcome to the site!

If i buy a 4inch lift for a 79 F150, and then take the axels and radius arms from a 79 will that be all i need along with the steering from the truck too?? I have a set of springs that are 19.5inches long from a 79 with a 400M in it so i am thinking that the lbs/inch ratio will be very strong for a dinky 4.0 liter. I read that super lift springs free are 19.5 but when fitted they are 15.25 inches long and i am willing to bet it all that those springs i have won't budge that much, so it could give me a 8 inch lift roughly. All i want to do is fit 35x14.5 boggers. maybe if i really git greedy, 38's!!! I don't plan to narrow the D44 and the Rear axel from the f-150 either. So give me some tips from all you professionals out there. thanx

Definately search around and look through the threads of the Solid Axle Conversion registry forum. That setup seems pretty familiar.

Back