911 Assist Fault Explorer 2013

Everardo

Reaction score
City, State
Reynosa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello Everyone
I have a problem with the radio of explorer 2013, when I start the engine 911 assist fault,( 911 is not operational contact dealer for service)message appears in the display, then I press OK and the message disappears but I can not have access to the radio, because when I select the entertainment option in the driver panel appears the following msg : Temporal communication failure with the interactive screen then a few seconds after , the radio turns off, but the AC panel works well. , in addition I selected the being the software installation option and appears the following msg :File not found please check that the file is in the root directory of your storage device, what do I need to do?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Was it working before? If it was, have you checked the settings that it is set to ON?
I read in another thread the 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Reports were not available on 'Export' vehicles.
This is one of the conditions shown in the Owner's Manual under which it should work;
• The vehicle must have battery power and be located in the U.S.,
Canada or in a territory in which 911 is the emergency number.

Also, what software are you trying to install? Are you using a USB drive?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Was it working before? If it was, have you checked the settings that it is set to ON?
I read in another thread the 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Reports were not available on 'Export' vehicles.
This is one of the conditions shown in the Owner's Manual under which it should work;
• The vehicle must have battery power and be located in the U.S.,
Canada or in a territory in which 911 is the emergency number.

Also, what software are you trying to install? Are you using a USB drive?

Peter
Hello Pete!
I do not know , I bought it one week ago , it is an auctioned truck, therefore it is in Mexico, I called to Ford Mexico they told me that this service can be fixed in US free, but here has a cost. I do not how many will be the cost , but here in Mexico it is expensive. Therefore I am looking for an external option.
Talking about the software , I tried to updated the SYNC , I downloaded the current version from the Ford web site, but when the file is downloaded is in Zip(WinRar) format, then at the moment that I try to decompress the file the program ask about the decompression and I accept the process, the program says that the file is being decompressed, but it does not is decompressed, then at the moment that I try to install it in my truck the display show that the file can not be read

Have you tried turning 911 Assist to OFF in the settings to see if your radio will work?
See this post about the Zip(WinRar) file. It says not to unzip that. MFT Update V3.10

Peter

Have you tried turning 911 Assist to OFF in the settings to see if your radio will work?
See this post about the Zip(WinRar) file. It says not to unzip that. MFT Update V3.10

Peter
Hello Peter
I have made the following steps :
1.- I turned the 911 option off
2.- I performed the Sync Master reset
2.- I disconnected the battery completely during the night
3.- I connected the battery and after that, I disconnect negative wire during the night.
4.- The next day, with the battery disconnected, I produce a short circuit between both wires, in order to discharge the capacitors, after that I connected the battery .
5.- I checked the fuses and all works well.
6.- I tried to update the calendar , but it does not update, example I set the current date in the display , but it back to the Jan 2010 date.
I do not know if the explorer needs a SD card , because it does not SD card installed, is it necessary? and in case of this is required do you know what is the model of this SD card?
I have been tried to find a ford option where through via web they can reset this msg using my VIN number but I have not found it.
Note: the radio detects and store my cell phone

The SD card is only used for Navigation. When you have the Home screen showing, what does it say in the top right corner? Information or Navigation?
I'm not aware of any feature that allows the resetting of that 911 message via your VIN.
Does your radio still turn OFF? If so, can you turn it back ON with the ON/OFF button?

Peter

The SD card is only used for Navigation. When you have the Home screen showing, what does it say in the top right corner? Information or Navigation?
I'm not aware of any feature that allows the resetting of that 911 message via your VIN.
Does your radio still turn OFF? If so, can you turn it back ON with the ON/OFF button?

Peter
the home screen shows navigation in the right top right corner
I did the following :
I turned the engine switch without start (the truck) only to verify the radio functionality, and immediately appeared the temporally lost communication with the touch screen on the driver panel, and in the touch screen, the radio key is turned off, and few seconds after 911 msg appears I selected OK and I pressed the radio push button and the radio does not turn ON , the radio does not turns ON by none of both ways.

I pre

I'm not sure what is causing the radio issue but in order to have Navigation working, you need an SD card. That is what has the mapping info on it, I believe the latest navigation card is A10.
Maybe someone else will have an idea.

Peter

I'm not sure what is causing the radio issue but in order to have Navigation working, you need an SD card. That is what has the mapping info on it, I believe the latest navigation card is A10.
Maybe someone else will have an idea.

Peter
Sorry, the display shows information in the top right corner and when I press it appears the 911 Assist set OFF 2010 and a padlock (in this case is because I turned off the 911option , but when it is activated appears the warning signal of 911 assistant not operational and the padlock

In this case, your Explorer does not have Navigation and explains why there is no SD card. It is also possible that because it is an 'import' vehicle that it does not have 911 Assist capability. Just a guess.:dunno:

Peter

In this case, your Explorer does not have Navigation and explains why there is no SD card. It is also possible that because it is an 'import' vehicle that it does not have 911 Assist capability. Just a guess.:dunno:

Peter
I think so , I will need the dealer assistance in order to reset this msg or fix the radio.
Thank you so much Peter I appreciate your support !

Peter
Dear Peter
This msg is to inform you that I found the 911 assistant fault or the Temporally lost communication with touch screen msg in Explorer 2013. I decided carry my truck with the dealer, but as last attempt, I verified the fuses again and I focused on fuse number 29(20A) which is related with the Radio, global positioning system module, and I found that it was broken. I replaced it and the radio is working well, the 911msg was deleted and no issues with the radio and I can to have access to the entertainment option. So far only have a problem with a File not found msg (please check that the installation file in the root directory of your storage device), this msg appears when I try to install the software update since the display, but this issue does not affect the radio sound or AC panel functionality.
I hope that this information is useful for you, and If you have a tip related with the file msg ,I will appreciate your support
Best Regards!

See my post #4 about that Zip(WinRar) file. With all the updates I've done, I have never physically unzipped any files.

Peter

Back