92 explorer rear sway bar upgrade? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92 explorer rear sway bar upgrade?

Ha !!! ok thank you very much Mr SwaintaN

-:exp::exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SwaintaN: your tie rod ens look WAAAAY much better than mine..... All my rubber pieces are long gone (well they're halfway there). Noticed them the other day while doing an oil change. Judging by the fact I still have motorcraft shocks on my truck, I'd guess the tie rod ends are original to the truck.

Waiting on the $$ to open up to replace, I don't need them to fall apart on me... the X is my only ride (<--:eek: Oh lord I just said the x is my only ride.... ugh I'll pass on the "other meaning" of that)

the rubber pieces on your outer tie rods are dust boots, keeps them from breaking down quicker. Summit carries poly boots for like 6 bucks a pair. thats what i put on mine because the stock boots with my moogs that i put on just tore up even though they were new, rather pay 6 bucks now for new boots instead of new rods and alignment down the road.

ok i got the link for the boots, i paid 6+s/h now they are less...

Good lookin out.... I found the tie rod, drag link set to include ball joints on ebay for $100.

I'd have to replace all the boots. So I'm guessing the boots are the same size on the drag links as well? I am counting 4 boots total, 2 for tie rods and 2 for drag link. I can handle $20 give or take over $100 right now seeing as the bigger number is harder to come by.

i dont think so, search summit for it, i think they are slightly different, if you replace everything new, might as well replace with better boots at same time, so you dont have to disassemble later again

i wanted to clarify something really quick, i eliminated my rear sway bar because of RC lift wont let it fit, ive not seen a difference with it gone. when you lift though you will feel bump steer or a slight wobble feeling that is front sway bar, a steering stabalizer will stop that feeling, there is a couple different option for that one...

a single, like what mine looks like
a dual which is mine with two
and a single that is attached to the pumpkin which some others on forum use as well.

front sway bar will feel better to if you get the beefer poly bushings that require syn grease, you can get water proof syn grease from adv, its green about 10 a tube

Sway Bar

Are those the factory end links for the sway bar. Plus on your steering stabilizer do you have any pictures of its set up and where it is connected. Thanks again.:salute:
ill put it this way, search on here for it on the forum. i am lifted, 4" rc lift w/ ws 151 in the back, 33x12.5 on 15x8 rims, front sway bar only, no difference.

just a thought have you checked your body bushing to make sure they are broken/gone/deteriorated.

front with the thicker red ploy bushings and syn grease
001.jpg

rear... gone... went to a friend for a custom build.
2010-11-14122612.jpg

No those endlinks are meant for a 4" lift kit, then added polyurethane bushings in them.

the way bar bushings are the same, polyurethane.

there is also a better set up (i didnt have a problem with this set up however other members said the other set up was better).......

best pic I could find.. the ol ex is RIP

0016.jpg

you can see its a simple attachment around the frame.
0025.jpg

Back