92 SPort no fuel to injector #5 11/10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92 SPort no fuel to injector #5 11/10

kenny92sport

Reaction score
City, State
Blue Springs Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Sport
I just did a head job on the 92 Sport I bought a year ago, and can't get the ting to run. I was just hit in my other car and need to get this thin on the road now. I had a 91 XLT that I used some parts from, I know that the 91 ran well before My little sister rolled for me. I have canged the fuel rail and intectors and still no fuel to #5.
I was thinking of a computer swap to see if that might help. I am always open to ideas on what to do. If anyone has any knowldge of the 4.0L that would be awsome.

They all connect together

Don't have my book with me but all the injectors connect together or at least two banks of three. If you pull the connector off #5, you should measure a very low resistance between the two pins on this connector. Likely is a wire break in the connector. I've seen these new connectors at parts stores. You could just bridge it over to another injector. Computer swap won't do anything. I'll check what injector to jumper to.

I don't think changing the PCM will make a difference at one injector. The PCM controls the injector as sets of three. If you had three injectors that weren't working, then I might be inclined to think the problem could lie in the PCM, but where it's only one injector, I think it has to be something else. It still could be an electrical fault, but it would be a bad wire/bad connection related to the #5 injector, or the injector itself is bad.
The other possibility is the fault lies in fuel delivery to #5. This seems unlikely, unless the fault lies within the injector itself (i.e. clogged or something like that).
I'd start by using a noid light/volt meter/stethoscope to check whether or not the injector is electrically firing, and go from there.

Back