92 XLT Knock Sensor Location

qquake2k

Reaction score
City, State
Northern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Hi All,

I have read many posts here that say a 92 Explorer doesn't have a knock sensor. However, according to Kragen, Autozone, and the Ford dealer it could have one. Can anybody tell me where it would be located? According to the only diagram I could find, it's supposed to be on the passenger side of the engine, but I can't find it. Can anybody with an OHV 4.0 V-6 that does have a knock sensor tell me where yours is located? Thanks in advance.

Jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I honestly don't think they had knock sensors on the first gens

I honestly don't think they had knock sensors on the first gens

I didn't think so either, unless it's not the original engine. Are you having an issue that leads you to believe the knock sensor is bad?

The '92 never had a knock sensor.

knock sensor 92 explorer

The 92 explorer does have a knock sensor its on top drivers side of the throttle body it screws in with a plug with 2 wires go to auto zone have them look it up and show you a pick

Thats nice, bring up an almost seven year old thread to which you haven't the slightest clue what your talking about. First generation Explorer's NEVER HAD knock sensors installed and doubt Ford will ever redesign them with one.

The 92 explorer does have a knock sensor its on top drivers side of the throttle body it screws in with a plug with 2 wires go to auto zone have them look it up and show you a pick

That would be the TPS.

Back