• Register Today It's free!

'93 170K how many more?

riverposie

Reaction score
City, State
nescopeck pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I have a 93 with 170,000 miles on it and i owned it from new..i gave it regular maintance and most of the mileage is highway..Almost everything on it except for a fuel pump and regular maintance is still factory..engine, tranny, exhaust system and everything..we would like to take a trip of over 2,000 miles and my wife says it is not safe because the car could go at any time now...it doesnt use a drop of oil and still runs like new...how many miles can i expect to get on this baby before the running gear goes on me? a friend told me 300k is normal without anything going wrong...do you think it is safe to take long vacation trips with it...we dont have money to pay expensive repair bills on the road...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be able to get well over 200k.

Enjoy the trip.....

You shouldn't have any trouble as long as you don't try to push it too hard .
Just take it easy and enjoy your holiday .

if you still have the original auto tranny, i would say youre sittin on a ticking time bomob. but if you have had regular trans fluid changed, maybe youll be fine. i know the engines on theses things routinely go way past 300k.

My old '92 had 260xxx on it and still had original A4LD tranny and motor and ran VERY well. I sold it and the guy who bought it put it past 300xxx some miles and still original stuff....That '92 was an execption to the rule with the A4LD.

actually, joey - if you do a search on the A4LD youll find the exact oppisite is true.

A4LD's have a bad history is what you mean? I know that. I went through 2 on my '94 and was on my third when I traded it off......

oh, you were talking about YOUR 92. sorry, i thought u were referring to mine. sorry.

No worries....A4LD's are the weak point in a stock explorer.

Back