94 Explorer - died while driving, now crank no start, no fuel pump prime, no CEL on dash when trying to start | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Explorer - died while driving, now crank no start, no fuel pump prime, no CEL on dash when trying to start

SOLVED!

Essentially exactly this thread. no CEL / no start, cranks fine

I replaced the battery cables a few weeks back but it came with the wrong pigtail connector. For these 2negative battery cables that go to a pigtail of some sort. They are slightly corroded so I’ll need to replace them eventually, but when I spliced the wires together one end seemed to have fell out. I used a wire connector this time till I can solder and boom! CEL came back on, fuel pump primed and she started right over no issues.

Thanks again for all the help guys!!

Now I just need to figure out how to get the gas tank strap back on after replacing the fuel pump I didn’t need to replace! Haha

Toyota parts are spendy!! Lol

I agree 100%

I went back and re read some from this thread earlier, good to do when we get stuck

No cel when cranking I believe means your crank sensor went kaput no signal from coil when cranking
Maybe cam or drank sensor issue
94 is first year of the cam synchronizer and
Sensor

I would jumper the fuel pump relay, sending power straight to the pump and ensure it runs. So you can rule out the wiring from relay to the pump is the cause

Next you can check for power at the pcm or even better check for battery power w key in the on or run pos at the red wire found at various sensors injectors etc
This is pcm power distribution from the relay when the key is on

Now we need to do some simple checks
Does it run with starter fluid?
Do you have a spark tester?

Is there still no cel when cranking? Does the tachometer move

I see you got it solved! Battery cables! *****in!!

Gas tank strap is wonky it will only go into its mounting hole sideways so if the tank is already up you may have to bend the strap a bit to get her to slide in. After that you can put a jack underneath of it to help you gain the distance needed to start the bolt

So glad you sorted it out! So many trucks are fixed with just battery terminals and cables

Over the years we have learned to skip and “risky” connections at the battery terminals , I find it best to convert the cables over to copper lugs that are crimped on and use a stud style terminal on the battery post. Very solid connections here..

Back