94 sport 4" tuff country | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 sport 4" tuff country

I finally got a lift for lil' vador 4" tuff country with pro comp shocks...cant afford more tires though, i already have 2 sets...also need to regear it in the near future 4:10's or 4:56 but the trans needs to be replaced first...no 5th gear...been driving it for a year like that... but the transformation starts next week....

-My stuff to do next week- :D
-4" tuff country lift
-procomp shocks
-32x11.5x15 Dunlop mudrovers or my 31"MT/R's when i have $$$ 33" MT/R's
-warn lock outs.on order....on 2nd pair of auto locks and there trashed
-find a locker for the rear
-lastly GO wheeling :roll:
-in a few weeks....pre runner front fenders and real pre runner bumpers+rock rails, contacted AJ of aj's off road armor so he can use mine as a template for 91-94 ex's bumpers :thumbsup: hope it works out!!!

heres a few before pick of right now with the 31"mt/r's
1975421_3_full.jpg
1975421_2_full.jpg

next week ill post some install pics and finished product :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why post pics next week?

They would still be 2.5 months older than that last pic!!! :D

But yea, good luck!!! :thumbsup:

hahahaha......still need to fix that dam camera.....

I got the lift today, acually took it out of a ranger at the local salvage yard. i got all drop brackets, 4 pro comp es9000 shocks still very good shape, springs, and now need to buy all new bolts... buy hey for $100 and only 3hours of work dang good bargain.... all i can say is thanks to my Snap On electric inpact, saved me alot of time and knuckles

well I thought that I would be starting to install the lift this week and i was dead wrong... the only thing i accomplished was cleaning and painting the springs, and drop brackets... also bought ubolts $25 at madison spring, and every bolt I need it i got at the local farm&fleet grade 8...and i painted the springs like the fabtech blue...had some blue paint left over and some pearls and mettalics.. I think it is close
1975421_4_full.jpg
my art work...
1975421_5_full.jpg
and got to put these back on..hopefully with new rims....like the almost new goodyear F1 EMT runflats for a vett...8/32's left!!! rich people like to spend unessesary $$$$..and i gotem for nada denaro 0

things I need to get...
-F150 coil pads
-locker---aussie locker
-??? fing out when installing the lift...

cant wait to see those pics

i told the boss that im doing the lift at the shop this thursday..biz is a little slow and i can afford some down time to work on my own stuff. so i have access to anything i need expecally all my tools.and if im missing/broke a part ill call the parts guy to deliver it.aint life grand..."I HOPE" I hope i can get it done in 1 day 8am to 7pm.. :confused: .Front lift and rear soa...+ alighnment...I love my drop brackets they have camber adjustment cams in them....I will take some picks of the install...or anything else anyone has questions with ill take a pick of it going in and explain..and how to alighn the truck using the hunter alighnment rack...lol J/K not that far indepth.. :D

I got only the front done today.. had a few snags broke both front shock mounts..had to call the NAPA man.. but over all went smooth..but them darn rivets..got out the torch and the air hammer... I got pics tonight the ones in the shop didnt come out..sorry. acouple did turn out. dang digi camera. Truck looks a little strange with it lifted in the front only. also alighned it and that was a piece of cake.. love the tuff country drop brackets with camber ajustment.. heres the pics

1975421_7_full.jpg
1975421_8_full.jpg
1975421_9_full.jpg

cant wait to see the whole thing done

Heres a daytime shot...notice the butt draging....i dont know why people keep staring at me....LOL...hahaha
1975421_11_full.jpg

*Update*Ok... I finally got the rear done tonight..took about 2 1/2 hours..looks pretty level..rear only looks a little higher.. not much with the soa w/o the overload and the front lift... I dont think the front was a 4" they are different coils because the factory color for ruff country is gray and they were redish rust...because the front is almost 5".. I will have to measure the rear..also the drive shaft is the correct length...put pinion up 2.5 degrees..no vibration nothing...posting pics tomarrow gota hit the sack.. o yea i had it all tig welded by a friend..looks amazing!!!

Here it is....
1975421_14_full.jpg

1975421_15_full.jpg

had to mount the old shocks for now...the used pro comps are junk..next week will pun in new shocks..
1975421_16_full.jpg

looks pretty level..about 5" lift all around, a little more in the rear though..

ok doing some more modding this month into next
-extending factory radius arms 12" and heim joints
-dual shock hoops in front and new extended lenght shocks
-and custom springs up front (madison spring) around 5.5" lift and 280 spring rate (extra flexy)
- limiting straps
-more trimming, sawzall and cutoff fun time!!!!
-make some bumpers (its taking forever for AJ to reply back)
* still have to waight on the lockers and gears till tax time, then i can put on my 35's
*its stil a DD but i only drive it 2 miles or so to work..
-have a few Q's on dom tube 1" or 1 1/4" and 3/4" or 1" heim joints??? or jonny joints-
pics asap

Back