'94 XLT 4X4 left fuel bank problem. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'94 XLT 4X4 left fuel bank problem.

chowquoe

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4WD
Howdy all and thanks in advance.

Problem:
The left Fuel rail (passenger side) is not firing, all 3 cylinders. I have checked all plugs and wires, they are acting normally; however since the cylinders are not firing the plugs show the obvious signs. I did however notice by listening to the fuel injector (easiest to access) that it only "clicked" intermittently. I have no idea where to even begin on this one; I would hate to purchase $150 worth of injectors just to be wrong. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cobra46

Here are some suggetions and I hope they help. Try to locate any ground connections to the engine, near the battery, along the fenders and even near where your ECM is and be sure they are clean and tight, next check your harness connections under the hood going to the engine, if possible un-plug them and reconnect them being sure they are clean and without damage. A little WD-40 before reconnecting won't hurt. Take a real close look at the injector harness under the upper intake and be sure one our little furry friends hasn't chewed on them. It wouldn't hurt to remove the upper intake to do this. Another hint, while cranking the engine or if starts, listen to each injector with a long slender screwdriver, or a stick of wood will work, you should hear a steady firm click from each one, if not and all the connections are good you may need some injectors. One more thing, if this engine will start you might try having the injectors cleaned, if not try to find some one who can clean and recondition them if you take them out and take them to them. Good luck!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread to the stock 91-94 section. There is a tool called a noid light that is made just for the purpose of testing a fuel injector wiring harness. Check http://www.noidlight.com/ for more information.

Back