95 Eddie-B #26 Inside Fuse Blows Randomly | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 Eddie-B #26 Inside Fuse Blows Randomly

DonB

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto Ont CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Eddie-B 4L
: I have a 95 Eddie-B 4L.
: The inside fuse #26 keeps bowing. If I change it, everything is OK for a while. Then randomly, while
: just travelling along the hi-way it will blow again.
: The manual shows it's for overdrive, DRL system,
: back-up lights, 4 wheel drive, rear defroster.
: When fuse is replaced and driving, all these things work OK and it does not blow when you are trying them. Just seems to blow on it's own while touring along.
: Anyone experienced the same symptoms ?? Help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not 100% sure, but I would be willing to bet that it has something to do with the overdrive. This may be something you need to take to a transmision shop to diagnose.

IF you keep blowing a fuse, this means you have a power wire going to ground or something is drawing to manys amps and poping the fuse. Check all the wires going to the components you listed and look for one that is frayed or borken.

Eric

I'm thinking it's related to the daytime running lights .... which is the only thing being used when the fuse blows.
Anyone know where the DRL module is located ??
Thanx

My 95 E B does the exact same thing. Now, I have replaced the fuse several times and now the overdrive will not work at all. But I noticed that the fuse does not blow until I put it into 2nd or 1st. I don't know if there are exposed wires under the steering column or if there is a fault in the tranny. I have the back up lights disconnected, so its not that. The 4wd isn't used when it goes, so its not that, the DRL's are disconnected on mine, so its not that. Rear defroster, nope. My guess is the wiring or tranny itself.

Back