95 eddie bauer sas with pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 eddie bauer sas with pics

hey guys. finally i got my axle today. im pumped to start cleaning it and painting it. its a 95 jeep dana 30 in great condition. just needs a little clean up and paint but everything else is solid and not too rusted. its a hp and open nuckles. im looking to regear it to 4:10s or some 4.88s not sure yet. heres a pic of her in my ex just click the link and lmk what u guys think. thanks

http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z445/kevinbird09/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds good. Looking forward to the progress pics:chug:

The high pinion is a big plus on the 30 but is there any reason you went with the vacuum disconnect? Do you plan on hooking it up or are you going to just use a one piece shaft on that side?

The high pinion is a big plus on the 30 but is there any reason you went with the vacuum disconnect? Do you plan on hooking it up or are you going to just use a one piece shaft on that side?

thats just the way it came. im going to make it a one piece shaft on that side and put a cover on it. i was told from the owner who has planty of jeep expierience and he said i can throw some washers in there to make it a one piece. btw whats the vaccum disconnect for anywho? what does it to exactly??

update guys. got the diff cover off and opened it up to find this!! this is so clean for what i thought it was gonna look like. thank god. now i just need to find out what gear ratio this is and see if i have to go lower for my 35s. how can i tell what ratio this is? it might be stock idk?? one more thing, do you think this jeep axle will be too short for my rear 8.8 like short width? lmk thanks guys enjoy the pics hehe

pics!!!: http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z445/kevinbird09/

spin the driveshaft flange to spin the carrier out of the way. then look on the pinion gear that attaches to the driveshaft flange. on the gear itself on the inside it may say the gear ratio. my 2nd gen 8.8 said 373 while my 1st gen 8.8 only said ford and a part number and not 355.
so it may say it, if not id assume you could read the part number and find out

looking forward for the end result

the 4.0 ohv is a very strong torquey engine.
ohv = OverHead Valve. cam lifts lifters, lifters lift pushrods, pushrods hit rockers, rockers open valves.

in terms of hp and torque: 5l v8 > 4l sohc > 4l ohv.
with an all out natural aspiration engine, big cam, lots of work done to it, its hard to hit 200hp.
a stock sohc is 203hp i think. v8 is more.
i built mine mildly and ill prob get around 160hp.

i think the strongest solution to the axle disconnect is to put a non disconnect axle shaft on that side and a block off plate

Back