• Register Today It's free!

95 explorer on 35s Help!!!

HickRoss

Reaction score
City, State
Crossville,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 explorer 4x4 4.0l
im in the market for a new set of tires and im looking for either 33s or 35s . I already have the tt/shackles lift, already I ran 33s no problem only rubbed when I turned all the way to the left . so I was thinking is it possible if I put a 3'' body lift I could run 35s? the rims I have are cragar soft 8s 15x8 with a 4'' backspacing. would I just need to do a lot of trimming to run 35s with that lift setup ?? plz I need answers asap thanks !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im on shackles, tt, 3in body, and 35's no problem. Rubs only when full flex. some cutting of front fenders but very minor. 15x10 with 4" bs

im on shackles, tt, 3in body, and 35's no problem. Rubs only when full flex. some cutting of front fenders but very minor. 15x10 with 4" bs

same here:thumbsup:

35"s seem to be the largest you can go before you start straining your axles. there are plenty of guys on here running 35"s.

same here

:salute:

ok, also I have another question if I didn't regear right away could I still use 4x4 or would it blow my ifs to pieces lol also for the bodylift can I just buy the 3' body blocks and just make my own bumper mounts ? or do I need everything in the kit

To be honest with you i wouldnt buy the kit if i did mine again because 4 of the bolts are too long and you use like less than half of the kit only thing you need other than blocks and bolts and bumper mounts are the radiator drop stuff which would be simple to make

To be honest with you i wouldnt buy the kit if i did mine again because 4 of the bolts are too long and you use like less than half of the kit only thing you need other than blocks and bolts and bumper mounts are the radiator drop stuff which would be simple to make

I totally agree. A lot of left over parts and the bumper brackets that came with mine are really flimsy.

Running the same basic setup for 35's: TT/AAL/Shackles/3"BL.

you must regear for 35's
it's not hard on the 4x4 as much as it's a transmission killer if you don't,
and a transmission is worth more then a 95 Explorer is,,

i have a 96 with a 4 inch Superlift kit, tt equivalent and shackles,
when i did the lift i did gears at the same time, it was a package deal,
i have about 6 inches of lift both ends, and for 35's i had to cut a bunch in the front,,
299606_10150870614410165_732034276_n.jpg

i ended up cutting twice as much as in this picture to make them work,,
304222_10150870614335165_950295492_n.jpg

you must regear for 35's
it's not hard on the 4x4 as much as it's a transmission killer if you don't,
and a transmission is worth more then a 95 Explorer is,,

i have a 96 with a 4 inch Superlift kit, tt equivalent and shackles,
when i did the lift i did gears at the same time, it was a package deal,
i have about 6 inches of lift both ends, and for 35's i had to cut a bunch in the front,,
299606_10150870614410165_732034276_n.jpg

i ended up cutting twice as much as in this picture to make them work,,
304222_10150870614335165_950295492_n.jpg

thank you ,can you tell me the size bolts I need because im just gonna buy the blocks and bolts , I can just make the drop brackets myself , and I figured im just gonna do a 3'' body lift and run 33'' Bfg Km2 and call it a day and start saving for a sas. and also could anyone tell me how many body mounts I have ? ive been told I have 8 but others say I have 10. oh and 1 more question what are the dimensions of the blocks I need 3x3 or 3x2. and thanks again

heres mine on 35's after a day at hollister...

anyone running 35s WITHOUT the body lift?

I currently have a TT/ Shackle, minor/major fender triming is no problem.

Currently weighing decision between 35s and 33s. My rig is a dedicated trail rig, and wheeled hard!

Currently 4.10 gearing, with no plans to change.

i tried 35's before the bl and no luck... rubs like hell

I've got 35's on mine without regearing. I did have to do a LOT of trimming on the front fenders.

0aa16a44.jpg

b7dfe3f6.jpg

null_zpse8c6f1f4.jpg

Back