95 explorer starting problems.

CRICO69

Reaction score
City, State
BRADFORD PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 FORD EXPLORER
hello everyone my name is chris.
i have a 1995 explorer, and i need some help. i started my ride yesterday morning at home, drove to the store shut it off and now it will not restart. alls it does is click. i had a buddy jump it yesterday morning and it started, i drove to work and after work i tried to jump it but it wouldnt jump. i have changed the battery and the solenoid. and it still clicks. then i turn my key to the on position my battery gauge reads low. would a bad starter do that? i get clicking and thats it. please help.

You may want to test the battery cable to see if there's a draw on the battery that is draining it.

Make sure that battery is fully charged, remove the negative cable from the battery and attach a test light between the negative battery post and the negative cable that you have removed.

If the test light lights up you have a draw on the battery. Pull the fuses one by one from the fuse panel and see if the light goes out. If it does you have found the circuit creating the draw.

If it doesn't do out after pulling all of the fuses, check the interior light and under the hood light, remove the bulbs to see if the light goes out.

Also check the cigarette lighter to see if there's anything loose in there such as a piece to your cell phone charger or a coin as this could cause a draw also.

Hope this helps you out.

Tony

i did do that there is no draw on the battery. will a faulty starter cause the issue i am having with the volt gauge?

Back