95 ford explorer transmission locked into drive | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 ford explorer transmission locked into drive

TheKillerSN95

Reaction score
City, State
Knox Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 ford explorer xlt
ok so this is my wifes truck and the od light was flashing then she would have to let off the gas to shift from 2nd to 3rd.. then rev. went out and then you would have to give the truck a lot of gas just to get it to move forward. when i tried to drive the truck home something gave maybe the front pump seal but it just started spilling fluid out my Q for you is do i just need a new torque conv. and front pump and seal or do i need a transmission rebuild kit also thanks for all the help

Hey man, welcome to the site.

Check out the transmission section. You posted in 91-94 (first generation) section. In 95 the transmissions changed to being completely computer controlled, prior to that they were mainly hydraulic with the OD and TC lockup being controlled by the computer.

My tranny (93) puked all it's fluid out the front seal once, it was low on coolant and that let the engine and tranny get hot enough to over heat and spew the tranny fluid.

If you had a flashing light you should have codes?

Back