'95 xl reg cab 4x4 5 speed 2.3l | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'95 xl reg cab 4x4 5 speed 2.3l

<cough cough>
Good times...thanks Ted!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bill-

I assume you got your radiator swapped out and everything is running good now?

And been meaning to ask you how the little one slept that night?

...No Problem...:biggthump

...I did however managed to wind up with a clipboard of yours...:(...Maybe I can get that and the Tiki shirt Froader has down to you in the next week or two...:D

Yup Bob, the single core is in and all is good, thanks. Ringo says come back and play sometime! :p:

...I spent a couple hours today swapping out my 6-194 bulbs and swapping my bad CEL bulb with the good ABS bulb...Note to self, the Ranger also takes 17 of those micro bulbs...

bulbs_001.jpg

...I went and picked up 2#'s of 1/8" aluminum today for a future mod or at least practice, and then I did what most Californians fear...I had the Ranger smogged, Test Only w/ Evap...$58 smog and $99 reg...Most Test Only shops are wanting about $75 this year as they've gone up again..:(

...It passed with flying colors and probably the best smog test so far and considering it has over 188,500 miles I am a happy dog...I also started pricing some double plat's and wires today to replace my 3 year old spark plugs though...:rolleyes:

...Given some time in the next couple of days I plan on starting some more maintenance on the X and doing the rear parking brakes and collar bolts on the Ranger..

...These pics were taken of my Ranger Memorial weekend playing out in the desert by the "King of the Hammers" area...

600_15478136.jpeg

600_15486059.jpeg

600_15486065.jpeg

600_15486064.jpeg

Your truck is sharp looking - just needs a roof rack, rear tire carrier...

Oh wait - those are my plans. :D

...Thanks..:D

...It will never see a roof rack but in the far distant future when I pull the shell off, it may receive a tire carrier on a bed cage...That will happen after the cab cage of course, and I can't afford that for a while either...

That looked like fun - cute blonde, too.

If there's an event when I am out there in July, I'll ride with you (I even have my own GPS!)

BTW, if you are looking for a GPS, Garmin just came out with the 62 series - so the best-selling 60 series is on sale. I picked up my 60CSx for $200.00 a couple of weeks ago.

...It's funny to see that my Ranger can now leave tracks...:burnout:

...I was using a Magellan Triton400 while most everyone else had the Garmins...The Triton 400 had to be held just perfect in the daylight to see any position on the screen...The Garmin CSx is awesome and you can easily read it in daylight...Battery usage is pretty good to but buying the dash holder and car charger makes them great...

...I started painting some of my newly gathered parts ...:D

..:scratch:..Should I run overloads for the loads I carry or just leave them off???
suspension_upgrade.jpg

What kind of leaf springs are those?

...They are Chevy 63's off a 1/2 ton truck...

...Should get my lift back and still flex quite well..

Nice, my roommate has 63s on his ranger and they do pretty well, and his truck sits at a nice height.

...Ask him what he thinks about running the overloads on them...

I can't remember if he's running them or not. If he is i think he's planning to take them out...i'll double check later when he gets back.

Ya, he took the overloads out and said they are much better w/o them.

...I keep forgetting to ask this...:rolleyes:

...Does anyone know if they made a stock transfer case skid plate for the 95-97 Rangers or if anyone knows where I can get one cheap???..:scratch:

...I'm possibly going to have to modify it a bit but want to see if a stock one would fit to begin with...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back