'95 xl reg cab 4x4 5 speed 2.3l | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'95 xl reg cab 4x4 5 speed 2.3l

The Ranger only comes out for special occasions:p: I have only seen it once myself on the big bear run.

Hey Ted did ya ever look into the bed problem since or ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...it's not really a big issue other than it's from over flexing on a standard cab shortbed....that's alot of twist for a short wheelbase and i don't think they designed the bed for that...from what i can gather, it's kind of common but the longbed xtra cabs don't seem to do it where mine did...they flex the bed more toward the tailgate area...:scratch:

...thanks for the heads up, nice tires...:thumbsup: ...my alignment took my money though...:(

Id have to say this truck is just about perfect in my eyes, I wish I could have found a 4x4 5 spd 4 cyl like this when I was looking for my ranger... My 96 ext cab 4.0 auto is too long and gets way to crappy of gas mileage for how weak it seems... anyway super nice truck man!:thumbsup:

i am the proud owner of a '95 ranger xl, regular cab,5 speed 2.3L, 4x4 stock set up,and i love my truck...i bought the ranger for $2300 in july '06 and put a brand new $1000 shell and i custom built a carpet kit for it, about $225 in materials alone...i only had to put a few hundred dollars in it to make it mechanically sound..a used front left brake sensor cable $20, 8 new spark plugs $50, new fluids for diffs, tranny and transfer case $130 by others, a new charchoal box $100?, new gabrial front shocks with new gabriel coilover rear shocks to help with the tools load and it only drops 1" fully loaded and rides firm but nice $150,and a broken rear brake clip, a few cents...the brakes and tires were new...i have a lot a good things to say about my little truck, a.k.a. "the squirrel"...
there is a few problems i haven't figured out and i am dyeing for some help... first, i have a haynes book and can't find what i need...1)the horn don't work and i can't find where to look for the horn, 2) the high/low beam flashes for passing but is only in high i think,or low and i need to know what to do to troubleshoot this...is it in the turn signal arm or somewhere else? ford dealership parts dept has no idea, 3) i hate the headlamps all faded and yes i've tried to bring them back but i would like to find some aftermarket clear lenses as soon as i get the high beam problem resolved...
i am in southern california and when i get these few problems resolved i would like to find an offroad club to take the squirrel on an easy offroad adventure to really try it out but with the safety of help if it fails...i have already had it in the light sand dunes of the high desert, it would have done better with wider tires, i had it in the snow and the tires loved the ice...so far it's been a blast...
... did i say i have had several ford f-250's over the years and still have one, my big truck, but they all take a back seat to my first real little truck...i love the gas milage, i love that it does 75 with the air on and i get 21-22 mpg on the highway and i've got it set up so i can enjoy it...i do miss having a passing gear...
now if i could figure out how to load a pic for you i would show you my truck parts, lmao...
i hope you will enjoy my ranger enthusiasim and will help me with this minor but headbanging problems...tty soon, l8r

GOSH! Wish I have something flashy & monstrous things like yours! :salute:

...thank you both...:D
...it took some doing and i wish i had a pic of when i bought it....busted windsheild and no shell, it looked like your run of the mill 95 ranger...i seen some potential but i still wanted to keep it for my daily driver because of the gas milage...:thumbsup:
...it definately can do some moderate offroading too...;)

...Norcalbronco, once in a bluemoon i get up to grayton...

Graton huh? What do you do up here? Family?

...i visit friends on old farms up there but my hi-light is going into sebastapol for one of the greatest breakfast ever right on the main drag there...;)

...well, i finally had some time since it's raining to go to a pay car wash and finally get the ranger de-loused with it's second anual spring bath...all in all it came out better than i thought after the winter trail runs with only a few new pin stripes, a couple new dents to the rockers, and rock chips all over...they are still working on getting the sand out from pismo beach last year...:rolleyes:
...i would like to get time to really wax and clean it in the next month...:D
springbath001bf9.jpg

springbath003kx0.jpg

springbath002eo1.jpg

hot mama thats a sharp truck!!!!!!!

uh oh, wheres the "t-bars" license plate?

...yea, i didn't disguise it...this front plate and plate mount got trashed a few months back when someone ran over a truck recap and it came flying right at me...:eek:...luckily, thats all it damaged...:D

...thanks, she's got some trail rash but she is all mine and i think i'll keep her...:D...i do need to start saving to get her some new shoes...

...more than likely i will stay with the 32" bfg a/t's...i am very comfortable with it's whole current set up...for a daily driver and part time off road truck she work's well as she is...:D

...Ranger owner's, post pics of your truck's here...;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221238

...I just found 2 32x11.50x15's bfg a/t's to replace to of my warn ones pretty cheap on craigslist...I also removed the firestone spare and now I have a really good full size spare..:thumbsup:

...In my free time I need to fabricate something so the full size spare can mount where it belongs...:(

...In my free time I need to fabricate something so the full size spare can mount where it belongs...:(

Good luck with that! Unfortunately, the frame rails are too close together - a 31" tire won't even fit.

I built a mount in the bed - holds the tire vertically behind the driver's seat. Takes up some floor space - not the best solution, but it beats having too small of a spare.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I will do my best to make it a simple fix...Otherwise, it will get packed in the back for trail runs and long trips only...:rolleyes:

Back