96 sport rear windows? & lowered X shock recommendation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 sport rear windows? & lowered X shock recommendation

727exploder

Reaction score
City, State
Seminole, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Sport
posted this in the stock section and got nothing..

i've searched this forum and the web and haven't found the answers I'm looking for..so I turn to you guys.

I can't stand the way the privacy glass looks and I don't want to have anything resembling mirror tint on any of the windows.. I was thinking of going up to the junk yard to get later model rear windows hoping that they don't have the "privacy glass" feature. Assuming I can find regular rear windows, will later models(ie.99,00) be a direct fit on my 96???

Also..just looking for any recommendation on shocks. I did the torsion bar flip to lower my ride and also dropped it close to 3" in the rear. I'm used to having a crappy ride and I'm ok with that..but what would you recommend for shocks on my x that would help ride quality, even if its just a slight improvement.

Thanks for looking

I believe you will be good on the side windows but you will have to do a rear hatch swap to use the back window.

I run these shocks and love them. They will make the fronts custom to your ride height. You can use the factory length in the rear as the mounting points don't change.
http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/3.asp

Check out LMC Truck. Their catalog lists tinted and deep tined (dark gray) glass for the rear sides and tailgate of the Sport. More importantly, they list separate part numbers for 95-97 and 98-01 rear side and tailgate glass. That looks like 98+ glass may not work.

Back