• Register Today It's free!

Shocks for a lowered Sport

RaiderKC

Reaction score
City, State
Bardstown, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 sport, 99 limited
Ok I've been looking at a couple of post on lowering my 97 Sport, and had a few questions about what i need to complete the job. I'm planing on using the tt up front and using a 1.5" to 2" block in the back.

Now the point, I've been looking at some new shocks, for my X, and was looking at some edelbrock shocks, I'm planing on replacing all my shocks, cause after 200,000 miles there a little shot, but anyway my question is what type of shock do i need, a stock height shock or a lowered shock?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One of the reasons i asked is, i found a deal on lowered rear shocks, but didn't understand if the way it mounts isn't changed by the blocks what the difference could be.

IAS Lowering Shocks

I went with Edelbrock IAS lowering shocks. I couldn't pass up the bargain on the rears http://store.edelbrock.com/ford-4.aspx?page=2 at $29.95 each and free shipping! I had to pay $60 each for the fronts. I had IAS shocks on my 1997 Tahoe and liked the way they handled. Firm on the street for cornering and pretty good off road.

Yeah thats were i saw the rears at, I just wanted to make sure they were going to work.

thanks guys, I'm going go on and buy them.

welcome raiderkc u got pics of ur explorer

and by the way do u like the raiders cause i am a raiders fan

Yeah I am a Raiders fan (but not were the nickname came from), and I'm going to put some picks on soon.

Back