97 2wd Ranger Converted to 4wd TTB V8 Tuff Truck. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 2wd Ranger Converted to 4wd TTB V8 Tuff Truck.

I got bit hard by the tuff truck bug, little lower than my previous rigs, for going fast and smaller jumps 4-5ft or less at this time lol.

Bought 97 Reg Cab 2wd Ranger guy started parting out, little rough.

Truck is getting painted Allis Chalmers Orange- bed will be done on Monday , just fixed dents in it this week at school.

Truck is getting Explorer 302 from my purple truck
5spd from 98 F150 with 4.2 V6
4406 manual

D35 TTB

James Duff front 5.5 Longarm kits, going to ad Pro Comp bump stops and some limiting straps.

Rear will get Deaver Race pack 2 & 1/2 lift springs

Running Bronco 2 tank in rear to keep wait on rear

Will have full roll cage and Corbeau suspension seats with 3in padded 5-point harnesses

running 31in Procomp Extreme all terrains

Few pics:

001-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL - try to sleep just doesnt always work well.

Kinda rushed now to get this thing going I need 4wd vehicle for this winter, I bought myself 07 Mustang GT and dont wanna drive it if it snows.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

O ya no reason it won't be street legal

Little update, here is my new dailey driver toy, so been little busy playing with it.
003-5.jpg

Pass side TTB beam is installed, and driverside is almost ready for now. had to order some new frontend parts to complete the TTB, rotors, calipers, pad, wheel bearings, ect. Should have front rolling tonight, then next up is tranmission mount. From there will be smooth sailing I hope..

Wish this thing was done, getting hammered with snow, car stuck in garage lol, driving borrowed Explorer Sport gonna be fun drive home.

Painting the bed today at 3, pretty excited and should be working on truck rest of the evening and all day tommorow hoping to final make some progress at least the front is on wheels :)

Watching the time go by so slow today, Im ready to work on this thing, had alot of distractions the past few weeks and fell behind. Just got quote on 2 Corbeau Baja Ultra Wide suspensions seats and Brackets, these are last most expensive thing I need to help get it done! Hope to order them Monday...

Subscribe......its looking great! :thumbsup:

I appreciate all the positive comments! Helps get me motivated, I will have alot more pics by the end of the weekend for sure to post

Here is updated pics from today and last weekend, about to go start wrenching now just finished the bed, very pleased with it.

004-7.jpg

005-6.jpg

006-6.jpg

008-11.jpg

011-10.jpg

Wowzers! Thats a nice bright Orange. I hate to think of you going out in your trails as tight as they are, with that new paint job.

I also love those wheels on the frame. I have the exact same set, but they are 15x10, 6 on 5.5.....:( Wish they were the 5 on 4.5, cause they would be on the 95 right now.

Yea it's Allis Chalmers Orange, Tractor paint, so it is not super expensive, I plan on bringing it to SMorr as soon as its done, its been awhile since Ive been there, can't wait to blast Ranch Road. Last night did get headers off old engine and about to go downstairs and install headers, my hi flow powersteering pump, steering box and oil filter relocater, I got some good rest last night and really ready to tear it up today!!!!

it will be a roller waiting on a body soon i see,,

nice build,,

Ya its not realy going out on many of our trails, to tight!

Love the orange--my favorite color! Keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Back