97 X diamond cuts | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 X diamond cuts

Is there ANYWHERE I can get the diamond cut headlights for my X? I have searched FOREVER. No one seems to carry them. PCP will not return emails and their website says they are out of stock. Help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

didnt someone on this thread say that procarparts was no longer selling them... :confused:

just looked today and they are there

*edit* i didnt see the out of stock mark...

U can wait and see If anyone on this site will do another Bulk Buy or get em off someone on here....I think there gonna get a bulk buy going again sometime...but only time will tell.

DannyDynamite said:
didnt someone on this thread say that procarparts was no longer selling them... :confused:

PCP sells them. They just never have them in stock....unless Marc (Draft) weaves his magic. ;)

DannyDynamite said:
U can wait and see If anyone on this site will do another Bulk Buy or get em off someone on here....I think there gonna get a bulk buy going again sometime...but only time will tell.

What's amazing is that when Marc did the last group buy, we were struggling to get to the required levels to get the good deals. We squeaked by, but barely.

Where were all you guys back then? ;)

Snooze, ya lose. :D

when was that? im not sure if i was here during the last group buy...

Saleen_SR71 said:
when was that? im not sure if i was here during the last group buy...

End of August:

http://www.tainted-reality.net/gb/

I was "on the fence" about getting a set. The pricing was staggered based on volume. I wasn't going to buy unless we got the cheapest price. We struggled to get to the minimum. Draft even had to pick up a few extras just to get the best price. He had the group buy advertised on three different sites too.

oh man i wasnt looking at this site during august... i bairly came back this month .. actually like 2 days ago this month because i wanted to get somewhere on my mods. (some girl at work has a nice civic, not over done...) and looking at her car made me want to fix my car...

Saleen_SR71 said:
well im down for a group buy. somone should start the poll...

Read through this entire thread. The reason we got such a great deal is that Marc (Draft) was able to deal with PCP in person. He picked up the order himself, and shipped them on his own. he saved us a ton of $$$ on shipping by doing so. Combined with the deal he got us on the lights, it worked out well. He put a TON of work into both group buys (there were two!). He's suggested he MIGHT organize one in the new year, but I think people are asking a lot of him. It's a lot of work to coordinate it all and he spent unecessary time tracking down payments in the end. It's a big commitment.

A poll would be redundant and a bit ignorant if you ask me. Unless someone is willing to step up to the plate and put in the countless hours required to do a group buy themselves, then everyone should stop hassling Marc. He went far beyond the call of duty already.

well i might just pay the additionaly 90 bucks and get them off the other site...

PCP can say they have it all they want on their site - but I promise you, I wiped out their entire pallet minus one or two they keep in backstock. Good luck with stylinconcepts - the reason it costs so much is because you're paying for one set, shipped by itself from China. Not entire pallets, which is how PCP works. And it does take around 3-4 weeks to get here.

It's pretty shady some of you guys don't realize what kind of work goes into organizing a Group Buy and say "I'm down, lets make a poll.." - it's called selfishness. This is only detering me away from ever doing another with these things again. At this point, I'm not planning on it simply because I just got an upped work schedule with 36hrs, full-time student and everything else. I know the people I helped in the first two appreciate what I did, I'm concerned what the future holds though.

"You are what you do", said by a very special person to me. And you know what, it's true.

Draft, Absolutely right! Obviously most would not do what you did! I missed out on the group buy so if I want the diamond cuts I will have to spend more. Personally, I rather spend the extra money than deal with what you did. You did a tremendous favor you were under no obligation to do. Good luck with your school :).

Oldboat (half way to 100).

my bad, i didnt know what you went though, like i said, i wasnt on this forum when you were doing the group buys, had i been on and known they were soo rare, i would of got them, but i lucked out, both times... i think ill just pay the extra $90? for them.

they are made in china? makes me wonder if theres a site in specific from china that i could order it off of and possibly save a few bucks.

draft said:
PCP can say they have it all they want on their site - but I promise you, I wiped out their entire pallet minus one or two they keep in backstock. Good luck with stylinconcepts - the reason it costs so much is because you're paying for one set, shipped by itself from China. Not entire pallets, which is how PCP works. And it does take around 3-4 weeks to get here.

It's pretty shady some of you guys don't realize what kind of work goes into organizing a Group Buy and say "I'm down, lets make a poll.." - it's called selfishness. This is only detering me away from ever doing another with these things again. At this point, I'm not planning on it simply because I just got an upped work schedule with 36hrs, full-time student and everything else. I know the people I helped in the first two appreciate what I did, I'm concerned what the future holds though.

"You are what you do", said by a very special person to me. And you know what, it's true.

Perfectly stated, Marc. Thank you sooooo much for the organization of those group buys. You da man!! ;)

Back